Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Why does the rate in the NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS table change for In-Active Resources?

• 1.  Why does the rate in the NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS table change for In-Active Resources?

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:32 AM

I've noticed that when a resource is made inactive and the Rate Matrix Extraction (full) job is run, the rate in the NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS table for that particular person sometimes changes. My assumption is that the rate set for that resource in the matrix becomes invalid so the system instead uses the role tied to that person on the Project to determine their current rate. This creates a discrepancy between this rate (NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS) and the stored rate in the WIP table in cases where the two rates differ.

Has anyone noticed this? And is this normal behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Note: Version is 13.2

• 2.  Re:  Why does the rate in the NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS table change for In-Active Resources?

Posted Jun 21, 2017 01:36 AM

I haven't check this but my understanding is as follows

Active or Inactive status of a resource should not impact the rate calculation.

If a resource is made financially inactive then only the rate would be equal to NULL.

• 3.  Re:  Why does the rate in the NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS table change for In-Active Resources?

Posted Jun 29, 2017 09:45 PM

Thank You. Not sure what the issue was in my case but I resolved it by pulling from the WIP table instead.