Test Data Manager

• 1.  Javelin: How to write a new extenstion

Posted Jun 20, 2017 10:07 PM

Hi Team,

Currently none of DB activity is able to accept any DB password as a variable (especially not a clear text).

I am planning to write a small extension so that there should an activity that accepts DB password as an hidden value and assign it a javelin variable.

Can you please share some example of writing an extension in .NET and import it in Javelin

• 2.  Re: Javelin: How to write a new extenstion
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 05:44 PM

Hi Prince,

What have you done so far?  Where are you stuck?  Have you reviewed this documentation:

Develop and Deploy Custom Extensions

https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/javelin/develop-and-deploy-custom-extensions

You will have to have the environment set up first.  Have you written any extensions before?  If not, I would try to create the extension from above as an example to get you familiar with the process and how to integrate with Javelin.

Cheers!
    Les

• 3.  Re: Javelin: How to write a new extenstion

Posted Jun 28, 2017 11:15 AM

Thanks Les,

I could able to find that documentation and develop my extension.

I am more curious to know if you have any example where I can bind data input from toolbox components (like Password block or radio buttons etc.)  in designer.cs to classlibrary.cs

E.g. I am dragging a password block in my designer.cs and I want to bind input password to InArgument of classlibrary.cs (or any way to bind resources apart from sapv:Expressiontextbox)

Regards,

Prince Munjal