SYSVIEW Performance Management

• 1.  Can I send multiple alerts for the same situation

Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:07 AM

We have setup SYSVIEW to alert on any job or task that uses a certain amount of CPU in a 20 minute time period.  However, I am told that the alert will only come out once.  If that job or task continues to use a high level of CPU, let's say the same amount that triggered the first alert, I would like to send another alert.  

The reason for this is that if I miss the 1st alert(I get plenty of alerts and sometimes delete them without knowing), I would like to have another alert come out.  Also, at change of shift, things can be missed.  How do I set it up so that it would alert every time the task uses a certain amount of CPU in a 20 minute time period?

• 2.  Re: Can I send multiple alerts for the same situation
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2017 10:38 AM

Hello Daniel,

You can define your Thresholds to trigger  on the initial exceeding of the threshold limit, and then

again if the status continues to worsen. This can be accomplished for MVS and CICS thresholds

by setting the TRIGLVL columnn for the threshold to specify CHANGE.

A Triglvl of  CHANGE will trigger the definition when one of the following conditions occur:
    * The "condition" gets worse within the same status
    * The Status value changes  

You can also track Alert status via the ALERTS and the CALERTS screens in Sysview.