Layer7 API Management

• 1.  backup gateway

Posted Jun 21, 2017 10:34 AM

Hi There,

Am doing a poc in my lab env. what is the best recommended approach to take backup of all SSG gateway polices and delete all of them?

Regards

S

• 2.  Re: backup gateway
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 11:34 AM

Hi,

Please refer to this link for taking backup of the gateway.

Back Up Gateways - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Ruchi

• 3.  Re: backup gateway

Posted Jun 22, 2017 11:47 AM
    1. Am using a client certificate registered on the CA API Gateway,then how can i present client cert from the browser because its pops with username /pwd on access the url?

• 4.  Re: backup gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 12:03 PM

Another option is to use the GMU - Gateway Migration Utility Gateway Migration - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation  to backup all the entities using the "migrateOut --all" option then use the script in this community post to clear all policies and such - How can we clear all policy,fragements,cluster properties etc from higher environments in order to migrate via restman from lower environments 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: backup gateway

Posted Aug 03, 2017 01:20 PM

Stephen,Up on clicking the url (https://communities.ca.com/thread/241750785),  which say "The item does not exist. It may have been deleted".

• 6.  Re: backup gateway

Posted Aug 03, 2017 01:21 PM

Stephen,could not access both urls.

Thanks

• 7.  Re: backup gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 02:37 PM

I'm not sure what happened with my original post but I've updated it with the URLs again and they seem to be functioning now.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support