CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to prevent a change order status update unless all workflow tasks are completed

• 1.  How to prevent a change order status update unless all workflow tasks are completed

Posted Jun 21, 2017 12:14 PM

Hello, 

I am new to SDM (v14.1),

Our organization is using classic workflow tasks.  I have a request to not allow change orders to transition from "statusA" to "StatusB" unless the condition of "all" workflow tasks in the change order have a status of "complete".

Anyone know how this can be done?

• 2.  Re: How to prevent a change order status update unless all workflow tasks are completed
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2017 02:23 PM

Hi Baron,

You should be able to do this using Change Order Transitions, which will restrict the ability to update a change order's status from one status to another, and can have a condition attached to it such that it restricts the update if the condition is not met.  In your case you would most likely update the transitions that you want to restrict to add a condition to them.  You can create the condition first and then add it to the Change Order Status Transitions that you need to enforce this on.

Here is a screenshot of the creation of the condition macro:

And here is a screenshot of the condition you would create:

Now I have not tested this completely but I think it will help get you in the right direction on this.  That would be the best way to restrict the status on from being updated if the wf tasks are not all complete.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: How to prevent a change order status update unless all workflow tasks are completed

Posted Jun 23, 2017 09:13 AM

Thanks Jon, will give it a go.