Clarity

• 1.  Historic User Department from Datamart Tables

Posted Jun 21, 2017 03:31 PM

Hi,

I have a user requirement to find historical resource department from clarity. I am considering to use nbi_rt_facts table, which contains calendar_key and department information for resources.

is this correct approach? any other option or thoughts about nbi_rt_facts table?

• 2.  Re: Historic User Department from Datamart Tables

Posted Jun 21, 2017 05:53 PM

If this doesn’t work AND you are using financial transactions, the WIP tables record both the resource’s department and project’s department at posting of transaction.

• 3.  Re: Historic User Department from Datamart Tables

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 06:01 PM

Hi Naman,

Datamart NBI_RT_FACTS would not show any changes in the Department historically as this is not an audit table. It would only show the current department for this resource.

Instead of querying Datamart, consider using Audit trail on the Resource object and setting up Attribute audit on Department OBS, example for Update Audit:

This will make historical data on any changes on the Department OBS available in:

PPM UI on Home - Resources - Resource - Audit tab

Audit Trail portlet in Administration

CMN_AUDITS table.

To enable it go to Administration - Objects - Resource - Audit Trail, move the attributes over as above and save, then test.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 4.  Re: Historic User Department from Datamart Tables

Posted Jun 27, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi Nika,

I understand your proposal to use Audit for future data, I can certainly do that. But It seems you have got it wrong when you said "Datamart NBI_RT_FACTS would not show any changes in the Department historically as this is not an audit table. It would only show the current department for this resource."

Please find below screenshot directly from nbi_rt_facts table, it doesn't show current department for all row. If it is showing current department for all rows, I would agree with your assessment. 

Screenshot of query result

anyone else from community can confirm this in regards to nbi_rt_facts table in question?

Thanks,

-Naman.