Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 15.1 Jasper Soft stacked bar?

Posted Jun 22, 2017 02:09 PM

An internal customer has asked my team to create a report that looks like this:

Customer Requested Report Example

We have created a sub object to the project object and in it are description {Cust Approval, Design Solution, etc}, Start date and end date. I have made a query that gives me data in this format:

Project IDDescriptionStart DateEnd Date
    PRJ0001Cust ApprovalDec 15, 2016March 15, 2017
    PRJ0002Design SolutionJan 1, 2017April 30, 2017
    PRJ0002CODE SOLUTIONMay 1, 2017Aug 31, 2017
    PRJ0002TESTSept 1, 2017Sept 30, 2017
    PRJ0003PlanMarch 15, 2017July 15, 2017
    PRJ0003Design SolutionJuly 16, 2017Feb 1, 2018

I have been hunting for an example to follow that will get me to this, but I am having a difficult time finding something helpful. I am not sure if I need to format my data differently, or maybe a simple easy to follow step-by-step would get me to the win. 

Help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,  

Joanne

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Jasper Soft stacked bar?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2017 12:49 PM

Hi JMSnider ,

Report export which you are looking for can be achieved either via cross tab or via sub report but both requires lot of elements, formatting, logic and time.  

I will go with a sub report with fixed header and projects name in detail tab, with sub report parameter mapped with projects field id. Now, sub-report will show brown color based on date and will display data based on date with bars which will print with respect to start and finish date. Similarly you can try cross tab but logic for controlling brown color, display name and bar will be more complicated but it will give you dynamic header range.

First select your method and then develop report as per that.

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Jasper Soft stacked bar?

Posted Jun 23, 2017 03:15 PM

I appreciate your answer. How do I get the sub report to align to dates across the top?

• 4.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Jasper Soft stacked bar?

Posted Jun 24, 2017 02:25 AM

With a fix header you need a fix sub-report, for example if we need only 4 headers as Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 then i will have my sub report of width equals to width of Q1 multiply by 4 with starting X point equivalent to that of Q1 starting point. And then create Text Boxes for each Q header which will display name and color. Since header are fixed you can built formula to do so, like my date falls in first Q then i need to color my box with text to print or not using simple if else condition.

For more precision you can add 4 boxes so that you can indicate that start if falling under 2nd Box or 3rd box in case of 18th Feb scenarios. As soon as you are able to create logic for one date header, you can easily replicate that for others by copying entire element and changing its style and formula.

Note: Try to use Style for text color changes.   

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 5.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Jasper Soft stacked bar?

Posted Jun 26, 2017 08:31 AM

Oh, I understand now. Thank you so much!!