CA Service Management

• 1.  Attribute control - Edit in list

Posted Jun 22, 2017 08:22 PM

I have added resolution_code to Incident dependent attribute control for a particular status.

I've also added the field as a edit in list field.

From the edit in list form when I update the status and set the resolution code, it gives below error:

Database checkin failed: INVALID AHD03121:Required dependent attribute Resolution Code is missing from object Request. Please update the Resolution Code field.

• 2.  Re: Attribute control - Edit in list

Posted Jun 23, 2017 06:14 AM

Hi Chirag,

This error is correct if you are attempting to update both the resolution code AND the status. The reason is because when it looks at that row in the database, it still does not have a resolution_code value yet because you have not yet saved those rows into the database with the resolution_code filled in.  You would need to do this in two stages.  First, use edit in list to update the resolution_code, and save the records, then use edit in list to update the status. 

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Attribute control - Edit in list

Posted Jun 23, 2017 06:36 AM

Hi Jon,

This explanation doesn't quite make sense to me, since we have both assignee and resolution code as dependent attributes for the resolved and closed statuses, and we are able to complete those fields and change the status using edit in list in one step. 

However, we've seen some other quirky things happening with edit in list.  For example, sometimes (not always) when the assignee field has previously been completed and saved and we try to change the status to resolved or closed, we are seeing that same error on the assignee field. 

Also quirky is that for some fields that we've added to the edit in list functionality, we aren't able to edit them and get the below error on that field. We submitted a ticket last August for this (00470872 - Edit in List error message) and was just recently told it was fixed and will be included in the next cumulative patch for 14.1, which is scheduled to be available early this summer.

AHD04606: 0 records updated; nn attempted update(s) failed - see message(s) below.  AHD04605:Can't update - someone else has changed email_address from "noreply@parker.com" to "noreply@parker.com

Tammy

• 4.  Re: Attribute control - Edit in list

Posted Jun 23, 2017 03:12 PM

What have you added the resolution code field as? reolution_code.sym?

• 5.  Re: Attribute control - Edit in list

Posted Jun 23, 2017 03:13 PM

On the change status page it works fine. Both status and resolution code can be edited at once. 

Is this issue only for the edit in list then?