Service Virtualization

• 1.  Hi, I want to Virtualize a system which should receive EDI message as an Input and acknowledge back with an EDI Response.

Posted Jun 23, 2017 10:28 AM

I am processing a transaction through the SAP system (ex. PO) and in the form of iDoc (tXML) it goes through the BizManager where the transformation of tXML to and EDI message takes place. This EDI message is then send an Input to an application (for ex. XYZ) which will receive this message and acknowledges back with an EDI message (I want to virtualize XYZ). How can I achieve this scenario?

Please advise. Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Hi, I want to Virtualize a system which should receive EDI message as an Input and acknowledge back with an EDI Response.

Posted Jun 23, 2017 11:51 AM

What transport protocol (HTTP/s, JMS, TCP, etc.) is BizManager using to communicate to XYZ application?

It sounds like the virtualization is outside of SAP, so I would start with: 

Set up a DevTest recorder between BizManager and XYZ and ensure that you save a Raw Traffic file during recording.

Point BizManager to the DevTest endpoint.

Point DevTest to the XYZ endpoint.

Submit transactions.

When processing the recording, apply the EDI X12 Data Protocol Handler.

• 3.  Re: Hi, I want to Virtualize a system which should receive EDI message as an Input and acknowledge back with an EDI Response.

Posted Jun 26, 2017 09:55 AM

The BizManager is communicating with XYZ via AS2 protocol. Also, can you help me in understanding if I can Virtualize 'XYZ' (for the EDI messages) through Request/Response pair?

• 4.  Re: Hi, I want to Virtualize a system which should receive EDI message as an Input and acknowledge back with an EDI Response.

Posted Jun 26, 2017 12:32 PM

I have not personally seen or tried to virtualize an AS2 protocol, so I do not know the exact answer to your question. Hopefully, one of the other DevTest users can provide some thoughts...