Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Marcy Nunns

Marcy NunnsJan 23, 2018 05:51 PM

• 1.  Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jun 26, 2017 10:22 AM

Hi all,

I am executing some Selenium tests and I am getting the below error now.It was working fine until yesterday with same configurations.

I have used all chrome driver versions from 2.24 to 2.9 but nothing worked.Also I tried to use the Firefox and Internet Explorer also but I am getting the same error for these browsers also.

Hence need some help on this.

WorkStation Logs:

2017-06-26 14:14:57,092Z (16:14) [ProcDlgThreadCallbk@2ceb8182] INFO com.itko.lisa.glass.SeleniumTestNode - Selenium Desired Web Driver Capabilities :
    Web Driver Class Name : org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver
    Web Driver System Properties :
    webdriver.chrome.driver = C:\ChromeDriver\chromedriver.exe
    Web Driver Desired Capabilities :
    browserName = chrome
    chromeOptions = {args=[], detach=false}
    platform = ANY

2017-06-26 14:15:18,406Z (16:15) [Exec Default Executor] ERROR System.err

Error Message in ITR:

| Error executing Selenium Step :
    [{"negated":false,"type":"get","url":"http://10.75.245.33:8080/comarch-cm/cm"}]
    ============================================================================
    | Step: Get
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Message: Test run failed: unable to create driver.
    | Trapped Exception: Test run failed: unable to create driver.
    | Trapped Message: java.lang.RuntimeException: Test run failed: unable to create driver.
    STACK TRACE
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Test run failed: unable to create driver.
    at com.sebuilder.interpreter.TestRun.initRemoteWebDriver(TestRun.java:215)
    at com.itko.lisa.glass.SeleniumScriptExecutor.executeStep(SeleniumScriptExecutor.java:370)
    at com.itko.lisa.glass.SeleniumScriptExecutor.executeStep(SeleniumScriptExecutor.java:305)
    at com.itko.lisa.glass.SeleniumStep.execute(SeleniumStep.java:323)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestNode.executeNode(TestNode.java:981)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestCase.execute(TestCase.java:1288)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestCase.execute(TestCase.java:1203)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestCase.executeNextNode(TestCase.java:1188)
    at com.itko.lisa.utils.ExecSubProcessNode.doFullExec(ExecSubProcessNode.java:354)
    at com.itko.lisa.utils.ExecSubProcessNode.execute(ExecSubProcessNode.java:268)
    at com.itko.lisa.utils.ExecSubProcessNode.doFullExec(ExecSubProcessNode.java:354)
    at com.itko.lisa.editor.WalkThruPanel.prepAndExecNode(WalkThruPanel.java:1058)
    at com.itko.lisa.editor.WalkThruPanel.access$900(WalkThruPanel.java:71)
    at com.itko.lisa.editor.WalkThruPanel$10.doCallback(WalkThruPanel.java:965)
    at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.sebuilder.interpreter.TestRun.initRemoteWebDriver(TestRun.java:201)
    ... 30 more
    Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException: Could not start a new session. Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure.
    Build info: version: '2.53.0', revision: '35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824', time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46'
    System info: host: 'ctsce003340', ip: '172.18.90.36', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_60'
    Driver info: driver.version: ChromeDriver
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:665)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:249)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:131)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:144)
    at org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver.<init>(ChromeDriver.java:170)
    at org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver.<init>(ChromeDriver.java:138)
    ... 35 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The process has not exited yet therefore no result is available ...
    at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecuteResultHandler.getException(DefaultExecuteResultHandler.java:76)
    at org.openqa.selenium.os.UnixProcess.checkForError(UnixProcess.java:171)
    at org.openqa.selenium.os.CommandLine.checkForError(CommandLine.java:185)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverService.waitUntilAvailable(DriverService.java:177)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverService.start(DriverService.java:166)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverCommandExecutor.execute(DriverCommandExecutor.java:78)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:644)
    ... 40 more

Thanks

Sarthak Gupta

• 2.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 10:34 AM

Try adding this to your PATH system environment variable: C:\ChromeDriver

Restart your Workstation.

• 3.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jun 26, 2017 10:55 AM

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for your reply but I am not sure which LISA System property I Need to add this to.

I can see LISA_Relative_Proj_Root,LISA_TC_path etc.

Can you please mention the correct one.

Thanks

Sarthak

• 4.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 12:07 PM

This is a Windows System Environment Variable.  

Choose Start Menu --> Computer --> Properties --> Advanced system settings -- > Environment Variables

System variables

Add C:\ChromeDriver; to the beginning of PATH.

Choose OK.

Choose OK.

Restart Workstation.  

I see you opened support case 00779630.  I have it.

• 5.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jun 26, 2017 06:39 PM

MarcyNunns out of curiosity, if one adds the path to the driver as part of the PATH environment variable, do we still need to specify the location of the driver in project.config? If no need to specify path to driver in config, that makes the option very useful.

• 6.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 05:46 PM

Joel,

I got in the habit of adding to the PATH when I was testing using a Remote browser.  But you should not need it.

• 7.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jun 26, 2017 06:57 PM

Hi,

Adding to MarcyNunns check the chrome/IEdriver file is present at the mentioned path in the script.Check the DevTest lib directory if appropriate drivers are present or not 

Thanks,

Regards,

Vish

• 8.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:12 AM

Hi Marcy,

I have added C:\ChromeDriver; to the beginning of PATH system environment variable but it didnt work .I am getting the same error.

LearnNow I have checked the lib folder also and all the related jars are present.

Thanks

Sarthak

• 9.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jun 27, 2017 10:20 AM

Hi,

The error being thrown by DevTest is that it is not able to find the Chrome/IE driver.Did you check that appropriate versions of  Chrome/IE drivers are present in either in DevTest lib directory or explicitly mentioned path in the script.

• 10.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 10:29 AM

Had a webex with Sarthak today and we got past this issue.

What we did to resolve this issue:

1. The version of Firefox you are using is the latest, this will not work with DevTest 9.5.1.  I would use version 46.  That has worked for me with this version.  

Link to earlier versions of Firefox: Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/ 

2.  You need a Proxy to access the browsers; needed to have these fields set in the local.properties file of where your Workstation is running:

## ==============================================
    ## HTTP Proxy Server
    lisa.http.webProxy.host=your.proxy.server
    ##list of excluded machine names or ip addresses delimited by pipes, * wildcard accepted <machine name or ip>[|<machine name or ip>]* lisa.http.webProxy.nonProxyHosts=127.0.0.1|localhost
    lisa.http.webProxy.port=8080

## HTTPS Proxy Server
    lisa.http.webProxy.ssl.host=your.proxy.server
    ##list of excluded machine names or ip addresses delimited by pipes, * wildcard accepted <machine name or ip>[|<machine name or ip>]* lisa.http.webProxy.ssl.nonProxyHosts=127.0.0.1|localhost
    lisa.http.webProxy.ssl.port=8080

Restarted Workstation to pick up the modified properties.

3. When targeting IE, in the browser under Internet Options, Security tab, the Zones need to be either all Enable Protect Mode checked or all not checked.

4. When targeting IE, in the your project config set these values:

Key: selenium.browser.type Value: IE
    Key: selenium.ie.driver.path Value: The full path to the Internet Explorer driver you downloaded. For example: C:\lisa-se\IEDriverServer.exe.

5. When targeting Chrome, in your project config set these values:

Key: selenium.browser.type Value: Chrome
    Key: selenium.chrome.driver.path Value: The full path to the Chrome driver you downloaded. For example: C:\lisa-se\chromedriver.exe.

You still need to verify with Firefox, so once you get the earlier version installed, in your project config set this value:

Key: selenium.browser.type Value: Firefox

There is no driver path set for Firefox.

Run a Selenium Integration Test Case - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 11.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:50 PM

Hi All,

I exported the script from selenium builder as Json imported to Dev Test As Selenium step / Script and did all the above changes

1 - Confi file changes:

selenium.browser.type:    Chrome    false
    selenium.chrome.driver.path :    C:\tools\Selenium\chromedriver.exe    false ( this is added to the environment Path varaible as well

2 -  Local.properties

lisa.http.webProxy.host=http://proxyout.usa-ed.net:4713/files/proxy.pac
    ##list of excluded machine names or ip addresses delimited by pipes, * wildcard accepted <machine name or ip>[|<machine name or ip>]*
    lisa.http.webProxy.nonProxyHosts=127.0.0.1|localhost
    lisa.http.webProxy.port=4713

But Still i get the error as below - Please help me what i am missing.

Dev Test instaltion loca: C:\tools\DevTest\instl\DevTest

The same script is exported as java and executed  from eclipse, the same Chrome driver worked fine and test executed.

| Error executing Selenium Step :
    [{"negated":false,"type":"get","url":"https://calm2test.navient.com/CALM2Sprint1/calm.do?sourceAppName=MYLSP"}]
    | Step:        Get
    | Message:     Test run failed: unable to create driver.
    | Trapped Exception: Test run failed: unable to create driver.
    | Trapped Message:   java.lang.RuntimeException: Test run failed: unable to create driver.
    STACK TRACE
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Test run failed: unable to create driver.
        at com.sebuilder.interpreter.TestRun.initRemoteWebDriver(TestRun.java:215)
        at com.itko.lisa.glass.SeleniumScriptExecutor.executeStep(SeleniumScriptExecutor.java:370)
        at com.itko.lisa.glass.SeleniumScriptExecutor.executeStep(SeleniumScriptExecutor.java:305)
        at com.itko.lisa.glass.SeleniumStep.execute(SeleniumStep.java:323)
        at com.itko.lisa.editor.WalkThruPanel.prepAndExecNode(WalkThruPanel.java:1085)
        at com.itko.lisa.editor.WalkThruPanel.access$900(WalkThruPanel.java:71)
        at com.itko.lisa.editor.WalkThruPanel$10.doCallback(WalkThruPanel.java:992)
        at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
        at com.sebuilder.interpreter.TestRun.initRemoteWebDriver(TestRun.java:201)
        ... 12 more
    Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable
      (Driver info: chromedriver=2.33.506120 (e3e53437346286c0bc2d2dc9aa4915ba81d9023f),platform=Windows NT 6.1.7601 SP1 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
    Command duration or timeout: 61.07 seconds
    Build info: version: '2.53.0', revision: '35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824', time: '2016-03-15 10:43:46'
    System info: host: 'FV5DYW1', ip: '172.23.25.194', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_102'
    Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:678)
        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:249)
        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:131)
        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:144)
        at org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver.<init>(ChromeDriver.java:170)
        at org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver.<init>(ChromeDriver.java:138)
        ... 17 more

• 12.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 05:42 PM

Firefox version cannot be higher than version 47 because of the version of Selenium we deliver with DevTest.

I suggest to use version 46:  

Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/46.0/win64/en-US/ 

Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/46.0/win32/en-US/ 

• 13.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jan 18, 2018 06:15 PM

Hi Sarth,

Did you do the step 4

4. When targeting IE, in the your project config set these values:

Key: selenium.browser.type Value: IE
    Key: selenium.ie.driver.path Value: The full path to the Internet Explorer driver you downloaded. For example: C:\lisa-se\IEDriverServer.exe.

as mentioned by MarcyNunns in the above comments.Since I  see only 

1 - Confi file changes:

selenium.browser.type:    Chrome    false
    selenium.chrome.driver.path :    C:\tools\Selenium\chromedriver.exe    false ( this is added to the environment Path varaible as well

• 14.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:34 AM

I didnt try with IE. Since chrome driver was working with selenium, Also i hope integration works with chrome  . I am going with check with Lower version of FF

• 15.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jan 23, 2018 04:22 PM

Still working to get the IE security setting , Meanwhile I tried with Fireforx and faced the below error. Do any one has any idea about the same

[1/23/2018 4:15 PM] 

No Title

caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Failed to connect to binary FirefoxBinary(C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe) on port 7055; process output follows:

Default","description":"The default theme.","creator":"Mozilla","homepageURL":null,"contributors":["Mozilla Contributors"]},"visible":true,"active":true,"userDisabled":false,"appDisabled":false,"descriptor":"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Firefox\\browser\\extensions\\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.xpi","installDate":1514283348000,"updateDate":1514283348000,"applyBackgroundUpdates":1,"skinnable":true,"size":19587,"sourceURI":null,"releaseNotesURI":null,"softDisabled":false,"foreignInstall":false,"hasBinaryComponents":false,"strictCompatibility":true,"locales":[],"targetApplications":[{"id":"{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}","minVersion":"52.5.3","maxVersion":"52.5.3"}],"targetPlatforms":[],"seen":true,"dependencies":[],"hasEmbeddedWebExtension":false}

No Title

System info: host: 'FV5DYW1', ip: '172.23.25.194', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_102'

Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:125)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:271)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:119)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:216)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:211)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:128)

... 17 more

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms. Firefox console output:

Default","description":"The default theme.","creator":"Mozilla","homepageURL":null,"contributors":["Mozilla Contributors"]},"visible":true,"active":true,"userDisabled":false,"appDisabled":false,"descriptor":"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Firefox\\browser\\extensions\\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.xpi","installDate":1514283348000,"updateDate":1514283348000,"applyBackgroundUpdates":1,"skinnable":true,"size":19587,"sourceURI":null,"releaseNotesURI":null,"softDisabled":false,"foreignInstall":false,"hasBinaryComponents":false,"strictCompatibility":true,"locales":[],"targetApplications":[{"id":"{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}","minVersion":"52.5.3","maxVersion":"52.5.3"}],"targetPlatforms":[],"seen":true,"dependencies":[],"hasEmbeddedWebExtension":false}

*****************************************************************************

No Title

Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:125)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:271)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:119)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:216)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:211)

at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:128)

... 17 more

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms. Firefox console output:

• 16.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 05:51 PM

What version of Firefox, you using 46?

• 17.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Posted Jan 24, 2018 10:21 AM

I installed 46 and disabled Updates. But still FF updated to 52.

But my original issue is resolved be making all the IE security  zone settings same

Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected Mode must be set to the same value (enabled or disabled) for all zones.  

• 18.  Re: Chrome Driver Issue while executing Selenium Tests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 10:30 AM

1. Uninstall Firefox completely.  Including the Mozilla Maintenance Service.

2. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox folder.

3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Maintenance Service folder.

4. Install Firefox 46.

5. When you bring it up immediately go to the setting and make sure radio button Never check for updates if set.

Then Firefox should stay at the 46 version.