Release Automation

• 1.  Log files info question

Posted Jun 27, 2017 11:44 AM

Is there any link to know what information shows each of the log files in either /opt/CA/ReleaseAutomationAgent/logs/ or /opt/CA/ReleaseAutomationServer/logs/ ? Whenever I'm executing actions in an agent and I see an error, I check the nolio_action_exe.log file to see a complete output and trace the error. But what about the other log files?

For example : the healthmonitor.log show info about X, the nolio_requests.log shows info about Y, something like that.

• 2.  Re: Log files info question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 11:59 AM

Hi,

Please check if below link is of help.

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231149214

Regards,

Saurabh

• 3.  Re: Log files info question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 12:01 PM

Hi,

Also adding some more links for information around Release Automation logging.

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231148892 

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231150537

Regards,

• 4.  Re: Log files info question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 12:03 PM

Hello,

Here are some links. Some of the information on the links look like it might be duplicated. But it does describe the purpose of some of the log files. I don't see any descriptions for healthmonitor or nolio_requests. The healthmonitor file captures information related to the healthmonitoring feature that was in 6.2 and earlier versions. It has been deprecated and started to be removed in 6.3 and above. The nolio_requests file has entries related to some of the REST API calls made against the Management Server. 

Personally, I like starting with nolio_all.log file on agent machines and moving on to others (like nolio_action_exe) if needed.

Working with Log Files - CA Release Automation - 5.5.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Release Automation KB: Which logs to be collected to enable support to give quick assistance? 

Nolio Official KB: What log files are created and where can I find them? 

Nolio Official KB: Where are the log files stored? What do they do? 

Cheers,
    Gregg

• 5.  Re: Log files info question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 04:30 AM

Hi Susam,

Did above answered your query. If yes may I request to please mark answer correct.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 6.  Re: Log files info question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2017 04:07 AM

Hello Susam,
     I hope information and comments on this thread is able to provide an answer to your query. I am marking it as assumed answer.

In case if your query is not answer yet, please let us know.

Regards,
    Saurabh

• 7.  Re: Log files info question

Posted Jul 14, 2017 11:50 AM

All of those were very helpful answers, thanks !