Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

As a SaaS customer, is there a way to attach images to emails sent from custom processes?

• 1.  As a SaaS customer, is there a way to attach images to emails sent from custom processes?

Posted Jun 27, 2017 02:04 PM

We are a Saas customer, and have several custom processes from which we'd like to send emails if certain conditions are met.  We'd like those emails to have our company logo.  We've tried including a Base64 representation of the logo in the email we generate in our GEL script, to no avail. We use Outlook 2010 as our mail client.

Are there any other SaaS customers out there doing something similar, with success?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: As a SaaS customer, is there a way to attach images to emails sent from custom processes?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2017 07:46 PM

I have done this for another saas customer (not CA PPM) that uses Outlook 2010 which might work.

What we did was hosted the images that we needed for the emails on a site within the company and set the image tags to the local url for a given image.

This customer's exchange server was configure to trust the images in emails that originated from the intranet.

So when a user opened the email, they didn't need to do the click to download images.

I haven't tried this with PPM and I don't believe either the gel:email or jelly:email tags post process the message text.

V/r,

Gene

• 3.  Re: As a SaaS customer, is there a way to attach images to emails sent from custom processes?

Posted Jun 28, 2017 07:07 AM

Hi, Gene.  Thanks for the tip!  We'll test out your suggested solution.