IT Process Automation

• 1.  Child and Parent Process

Posted Jun 28, 2017 04:04 AM

Hello,

1. what is the best approach to implement the exception handling when I have one parent process more than ten subprocess.

2. what is the difference between Attached, detached and Inline relationships between parent and child process. which is the best approach?

Thanks

Venkat

• 2.  Re: Child and Parent Process
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 28, 2017 12:10 PM
    1. Using the Start Process operator:
      1. Attached mode - process starts as a new instance (child process), parent process operator waits until child process is completed, child process has access to only the parent data passed to it, child process dataset available to parent process operator at end.
      2. Detached mode - process starts as a new instance (child process, child process operates independently of parent process, parent process operator does NOT wait for child process to complete, child process has access to only the parent data passed to it, child process dataset is NOT available to parent process operator at end.
      3. Inline process - process does NOT start as a new instance but as part of the parent process, parent process operator waits until inline process is completed, inline process has access to all of the parent process dataset.
      4. Asking which approach is best is like asking what is the best way to get from one city to another. It depends if you want to get there fastest or you want to see interesting sights along the way. The approach you take will depend on your goals.

• 3.  Re: Child and Parent Process

Posted Jun 30, 2017 01:58 PM

Thanks for the explanation on different type relationships between parent and child process.

In the entire process I'm creating requests and few soap calls. So, I would like to add the following exception

• If the Soap operation failed due to some issue , I would like to retry the operation for 3 times and if it failed I would like to get notified  by mail to verify.
    • If the process failed for any other reason I would like to get a  mail notification so that i can review the process and re trigger the process.

Thank you,

Venkat