DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Refine errorsnapshots.ignore Filter

Posted Jun 27, 2017 08:28 PM

Is it possible to further refine the errorsnapshots.ignore filter in the agent profile to filter out unwanted errors and leave others?  For example, I want to keep 404 errors involving missing JavaScript files but ignore 404 errors involving missing jpgs.

introscope.agent.errorsnapshots.ignore.1=*HTTP Error Code: 404*

• 2.  Re: Refine errorsnapshots.ignore Filter
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2017 07:03 AM

Hi Cary,

I understand, introscope.agent.errorsnapshots.ignore is a generic filter, you would need a 2nd agent property to allow you filter for a resource for example, I don't think that is possible, you need open an Idea.

See also my comment on this thread: https://communities.ca.com/message/241956067-re-skipping-errorsnapshot-with-a-special-character?commentID=241956067#comm… 

Regards,

Sergio

• 3.  Re: Refine errorsnapshots.ignore Filter

Posted Jun 29, 2017 12:18 PM

Sergio,

Thanks for the reply.  It would be helpful to know what format the 404 errors come into Introscope with.  Is it just a string with "HTTP Error Code: 404", or is there more?  Why are we allowed to use wildcards if we can't do additional filtering?  For example, what happens if I put in the filter: introscope.agent.errorsnapshots.ignore.1=*HTTP Error Code: 404*.jpg*, or something like that?  I really would like to know what the strings are that are being sent into Introscope for comparing against the filters we set up.

• 4.  Re: Refine errorsnapshots.ignore Filter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi Cary:

Marking as correct since a comprehensive response was given. Was Sergio's response helpful to your situation? You may ask additional/follow-up questions as needed

Thanks 

Hal German