Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Hi, I am trying to create a database as part of the API GW Appliance installation. When I give all the details under ' Create a new Layer 7 Gateway database' section and press enter, getting the below error.

Posted Jun 28, 2017 10:51 AM

Error creating database when saving configuration 'Cannot create database: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' [code:28,000, AUTHORIZATION_FAILURE]'

• 2.  Re: Hi, I am trying to create a database as part of the API GW Appliance installation. When I give all the details under ' Create a new Layer 7 Gateway database' section and press enter, getting the below error.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2017 11:27 AM

Hi

Are you using the right password for root?

Is this an OVA you received from CA or is this a software appliance?

If it’s a software appliance, you might need to check your credentials used or do you have access to use root shell?

Derek Orr

ca technologies

Principal Consultant, CA API Management Presales

m: 778-980-0029

Email = Derek.Orr@ca.com<mailto:Derek.Orr@ca.com>

CA API Management Community: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-api-management-community

• 3.  Re: Hi, I am trying to create a database as part of the API GW Appliance installation. When I give all the details under ' Create a new Layer 7 Gateway database' section and press enter, getting the below error.

Posted Jun 29, 2017 05:38 AM

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your response. I am using the Appliance and have the access to root shell(Option#3).

I can logon to the root shell, using the same password for ssgconfig & root.

Could you advise what else could be the issue.

BR

Prashanth Reddy

+91 9908876774

• 4.  Re: Hi, I am trying to create a database as part of the API GW Appliance installation. When I give all the details under ' Create a new Layer 7 Gateway database' section and press enter, getting the below error.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 08:37 PM

Hello Prashanth,

The root user here is the root user for mysql database, not the root user for linux OS.

If you didn't change the password of root user in mysql database, the default password should be,

7layer

Regards,

Mark

• 5.  Re: Hi, I am trying to create a database as part of the API GW Appliance installation. When I give all the details under ' Create a new Layer 7 Gateway database' section and press enter, getting the below error.

Posted Jun 30, 2017 02:49 AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks alot. It worked. I was giving other password for 'root'. Now it worked when I gave the '7layer' as password for DB root.

Regards
    Prashanth Reddy

• 6.  Re: Hi, I am trying to create a database as part of the API GW Appliance installation. When I give all the details under ' Create a new Layer 7 Gateway database' section and press enter, getting the below error.

Posted Jul 06, 2017 08:00 AM

I had this exact same issue during install (using the OS root password vs the MySQL root password) I would guess CA has answered this issue a number of time.   CA should fix the prompt in the install script to be clearer and update the documentation to state where to find the mysql root password (if not already done)