DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Cluster Probe - Monitoring Shared Volumes

Posted Jun 28, 2017 01:35 PM

Hello CA Guys,

I need to monitoring a Cluster of Windows Servers with Shared Volumes.

If I use only CDM to get the state of all volumes, each time that one volume change of server in node, we get an alarm in Alarm Console. 

If we use Cluster probe and CDM probe, we have the same scenario. 

Is there a way of only generate alarm when the volume is not available in both sides, in both servers of cluster node?

Best Regards,

Jean Gomes

• 2.  Re: Cluster Probe - Monitoring Shared Volumes

Posted Jun 28, 2017 08:25 PM

Which version of cluster probe are you using currently ? There seems to be an additional functionality to suppress  alarms for Shared volume added in the 3.42 release of cluster probe 

What's New:

• Added support to suppress the Available Storage Group alarms for Microsoft Cluster Shared Volume and Microsoft Cluster Services. Support case number 442501
    • Updated the name of the resource group for Microsoft Cluster Shared Volume. Support case number 245292

• 3.  Re: Cluster Probe - Monitoring Shared Volumes

Posted Jul 03, 2017 08:33 AM

Hi Phani,

Thanks for your answer, but i do not think that these features are what I am looking for.

I was reading the documentation of the probe cluster and the probe only have alarms for:

• Node Alarm
    • Resource Group Alarm
    • Resource Group Failover Alarm

But, these alarms does not help in my case. I need a kind of alarm that only generate alarm when both nodes going down, both nodes became unavailable for both servers.

Regards,

Jean Gomes

• 4.  Re: Cluster Probe - Monitoring Shared Volumes
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2017 12:02 PM

Hi,

The only way is to configure an alarm on both node. And create a LUA script in the NAS to detect if both alarm are triggered at the same time (so in a intermediate .sqlite database). And if true we generate our alarm.

And dont forget to close your sub-alarms on arrival.

Similar (created by me for a customer) : GitHub - fraxken/rafale_mode: CA UIM Rafale_mode for NAS 

Best Regards,

Thomas