Service Virtualization

• 1.  Knowledge about Performance VSE

Posted Jun 30, 2017 02:20 AM

Hello All,

I am using some performance VSEs for NFT testing. So want to get knowledge like

1. How we can check load over VSE?

2. How we can check memory available for VSE, how much occupied by services and how much is remaning?

So other use ful information that you are aware and will be be helpful for me. Because during NFT and post of that, we are seeing some time performance VSE are not behaving fine. As some time , we are not able to redeploy or remove serve, some time we are not able to make transaction count 0 etc..

So please your expertise knowledge will increase my knowledge around this. I will be so much thankful.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: Knowledge about Performance VSE
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 06:24 PM

Hi Shivam Garg,

Here are some suggestions in relation to your questions:
    - When load testing, it is important to know what the highest transaction rate is that you can drive a test without encountering errors or other problems.
    So test with low loads first and then gradually increase the tx rate.
    Review the vse.log for errors and address these before increasing the load further.
    - On a powerfull multi CPU machine, increasing the 'capacity' of a VS can improve the overall performance of the VS under load.
    Depending on the load and type of transactions, there may be other configuration options for improving performance. For example reduce the amount of logging.
    - The VS metrics reports give a good indication of the VS performance under load.
    See: https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-1/en/using/using-ca-service-virtualization/using-devtest-portal-with-ca-service-virtualization/virtual-service-metrics-reports
    In particular the 'Response Time' and 'Transactions Per Second'.
    - Use OS tools for monitoring CPU and Memory of the VSE process in relation to what is available on the OS (eg. Taskmgr for Windows and top for Linux).
    - The vse.log will have entries similar to these every 30 seconds:
    2017-05-31 07:46:52,885Z (17:46) [Event Sink Thread Pool Thread 1] INFO com.itko.lisa.coordinator.VirtualServiceEnvironmentImpl - Memory used 260mb, allocated 547mb, max 910mb (28%) Our cpu usage 0%, system cpu used 13% GC time 0%

Regards,
    John