We’re happy to announce the release of our Database Connector (DBC)! The DBC allows our you to extract data you need from Agile Central (AC) to pull into your environment and manipulate for further analysis. Please note: this release only supports a connection with Postgres DB at this time. You should already have a Postgres DB installed before you install and run the connector.
Examples of customers who may benefit from using this connector are those accustomed to using databases wanting to:
- Extract AC data into a reporting tool from their database
- Link AC data to internal financial and time-tracking systems via a database
- Slice and dice AC data
- Perform multi-dimensional analysis of data
- Construct visualizations of data at a larger scale with other reporting tools
- The AC DBC retrieves AC entity item information that is specified in a configuration file and writes to a database table for each entity listed in the configuration file.
- The connector passes information through a CSV to write to the database, so you can also elect to omit the DB section of the configuration file and write the information to a CSV file. A CSV file will be created for each entity you have listed.
- A configuration file can list one or more AC entities (ex. Story, Defect, Task, Release, User) as long as each entity specified is a "leaf" entity in the Agile Central Data Model. Each entity will produce a separate table in the DB
Our help documentation will be the source of the most complete information on installation, configuration and capabilities of this connector.
This first increment of the DBC only works with a Postgres DB. You must already have a database installed, setup and operational; this connector doesn't create a database. We plan to extend support to Oracle DB and SQL DB in future work. The connector generally uses ObjectIDs to represent values of fields known as reference fields. If you would like particular fields to have different formatting, please send us that feedback.
OnPrem users can download this connector from the Download Center on support.ca.com. SaaS users can download the connector from this page.
Please let us know if you have questions or feedback as you use this connector! Thank you!