CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

• 1.  how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

Posted Jun 30, 2017 03:31 AM

how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

we are using ca 14.1 running on it appears you are running on 14.1 CP2.

• 2.  Re: how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

Posted Jun 30, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi Kunal,

When you built the custom field for zfloor_location, did you do it as an SREL to another custom table which holds the floor location values?  If so, on that custom table what did you specify as the "display" field on the object?   Can you share screenshots of WSP Schema Designer for the custom table holding those floor values and then for that custom field in the cnt object?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

Posted Jul 03, 2017 03:57 PM

Hi Jon,

we have got the root cause of the issue. there was schema change due to which , zfloor_location which was referring to floor_location got deleted.

from usp_contact table as well as wsp.mods.

we ware able to get the column back but it is not letting us change Field Type and SREL Table  to foor_location its all grayed out for me.

Attaching the screen shot and highlighted are not editable for me:

• 4.  Re: how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

Posted Jul 03, 2017 04:07 PM

Hi,

After you save a publish a schema change the Field Type can't be changed from WSP.  You will have to remove and then re-add the column.  Follow these steps to drop and rebuild the field.

1. Backup database and files mentioned in steps 3-6
    2. Stop SDM services
    3. Remove the line related to zfloor_location from from nx_root/site/mods/wsp_schema.log
    4. Remove the line related to zfloor_location from from nx_root/site/mods/wsp_schema.sch
    5. Remove the line related to zfloor_location from from nx_root/site/ddict.sch
    6. Remove the line related to zfloor_location from from nx_root/site/mods/magic/wsp.mods
    7. Delete row from wspcol table which references zfloor_location
    8. Drop zfloor_location column from usp_contact
    9. Start SDM services
    10. Open WSP and add zfloor_location back to the schema

• 5.  Re: how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

Posted Jul 03, 2017 06:05 PM

thanks Grant,  i am still getting them in schema designer how can i get rid of them completely as i wanted to use same name.

however we are running CA Service Desk 14.1 in conventional architecture .

• 6.  Re: how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

Posted Jul 03, 2017 06:12 PM

Did you remove the entry in the wspcol table and files?  Review all the files and that table again..  

If that doesn't help try searching for additional references to the field.  Use notepad++ to search in files and point at nx_root/site.  That may show additional files that need to be scrubbed.

• 7.  Re: how to fix error " (Unable to access value list.zfloor_location.COMMON_NAME)" getting on list_cnt.htmpl and when we open the detail_cnt.htmpl associated value which is Cube# on from show empty although we have the value in data base

Posted Jul 05, 2017 09:34 AM

Good call gbruneau!  I was going to say to use something like Agent Randsack (a great free search tool) to search the entire nx_root directory file contents for any references to that field.   WSP appears to be reading it from somewhere, most likely one of the files that Grant mentioned before.  I am sure doing the search will turn something up.

Regards,

Jon I.