Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Document Structure Threat Protection- Blocking delete method

Posted Jun 30, 2017 04:26 AM

Hello Techies ,

There is scenario where request are coming with delete method and its getting blocked by  "Document Structure Threat Protection" assertion . Can i know why its blocking ?

For quick resolution of issues I have created  whatsapp group for Layer7 techies  , It would be helpful for everyone if we all can be part of that .If anyone interested  Please share your number  .

Thanks!

Prashant Srivastava

• 2.  Re: Document Structure Threat Protection- Blocking delete method

Posted Jun 30, 2017 05:06 AM

Hi Prashant0384 ,

Please can you update this thread with a sample message and the exact policy. Also the error message you get.

Regards

Seenu Mathew

PS: You can use Jive in your mobile, so I dont see a need for duplication of groups in Whatsapp. 

• 3.  Re: Document Structure Threat Protection- Blocking delete method

Posted Jun 30, 2017 07:32 AM

"Protect Against XML Document Structure Threats"  assertion we are using in the policy ,

Just wanted to know why this assertion is blocking delete Method .

For example :

Using SOAPUI  if we are hitting any rest service in which we used above assertion ,Its throwing forbidden error. 

Thanks!

Prashant Srivastava

• 4.  Re: Document Structure Threat Protection- Blocking delete method
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2017 03:34 AM

Hello Prashant0384,

"Protect Against XML Document Structure Threats"  assertion should not block the Delete method. (I done a quick test and prove it)

Please attache screenshots to show the settings of "Protect Against XML Document Structure Threats"  assertion, and the exact error message, and the sample request.

usually you can allow or forbid a http method on service properties, you may check the service properties as well

Regards,

Mark