CA Service Management

• 1.  Restrict view of change types

Posted Jun 30, 2017 09:08 AM

SDM 14.1.03

I'm trying to restrict the view of change types to a subset of the list by Role.  We have five change types but this Role will only use three and so those should only be the ones visible when creating or editing a change order.

I've tried:

1.  Creating data partitions: First tried to create a View constraint on the Change_Request table and set

chgtype IN (200, 300, 400001)

This saves without error but does not take effect.  I also tried "chgtype.id" and then also "chgtype.sym IN ('Normal', 'Emergency','Urgent')".  Also saves but has no effect. As a test, I also tried to restrict to those NOT in the ones to not be visible:  "chgtype != 100" with no affect..

2.  I then created a new Controlled Table using the usp_change_type table.  I created a View constraint using the same syntax as above except using 'id' on the left side.

3. I've also tried modifying the dtlDropdown macro for chgtype on the detail_chg.htmpl form by adding

extraURL="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=id!=100"

which also did not give an error but had no effect.

I'm sure I just have the syntax wrong on these unless someone else is having similar issues.

TIA,

J.W.

• 2.  Re: Restrict view of change types

Posted Jun 30, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi,

try to define extraURL as "QBE.NE.id=100".

But the correct way (as I think) is described in pt. 2, could you provide a screenshot how it looks?

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Restrict view of change types

Posted Jun 30, 2017 09:44 AM

Thanks,

Screenshot of the new Controlled Table:

Controlled Table - usp_change_type

Screenshot of the constraint:  (note, I only have four types in TEST so it is only excluding one)

Screenshot of the TEST data partition

Screenshot of the View constraint:

Screenshot of the View constraint detail

UPDATED:  Additional screenshot showing the SQL translation tab:

Screensot of View constraint - SQL Translation

J.W.

• 4.  Re: Restrict view of change types
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 30, 2017 10:19 AM

Everything looks correct...

As a last hope: have you restarted env after those changes?

• 5.  Re: Restrict view of change types

Posted Jun 30, 2017 10:30 AM

as cdtj already suggested. When adding a controlled table ( not officialy supported!) you have to restart the services .

Regards

..........Michael

• 6.  Re: Restrict view of change types

Posted Jul 05, 2017 05:56 PM

Yes, it wasn't possible without creating the custom constraint table.  I did have to bounce services for it to pick up.  I have a change request in for PROD this weekend.

Just some holiday hangover, but can someone refresh me on why the original constraint syntax isn't valid?

J.W.

• 7.  Re: Restrict view of change types

Posted Jul 17, 2017 03:52 PM

Hey Jeff, a mutual friend suggested we communicate. I wanted to send a direct message but the system doesn't allow that unless the person is following you. You can find my email address on my profile.

Cheers,

Lindsay