DX NetOps

• 1.  Change dashboard default time frame

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2017 08:49 AM

Hi

I have asked this before and I am unable to find my previous tread

I submit the question again.

The customer is running CA PC 2.7.

We published some dial dashboards for Link Utilization.

The customer published them on their share point portal

The default time frame is "last hour". The customer wants this to be 15 minutes.

Is it possible to change the default time for a dashboard or for CA PC as a whole?

Regards

Klaus

• 2.  Re: Change dashboard default time frame

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2017 10:06 AM

Hi - I believe you can change the time range for a dashboard per the instructions in the 2.7 documentation that allows you to select the custom time/date range. The "last hour" would be a function that calculates the start and end time, probably based on ("now" - 3600 seconds). I don't believe you can change that functions time range to 15 minutes ("now" - 900 seconds) in 2.7.

Change the Time Range for a Dashboard

You can change the time range for a dashboard that you are viewing. Change the time range to see performance data from an earlier time of day or from another date.

When you change the time range for a dashboard, it is applied to all views on the page, and to all dashboards in that window. You can view dashboards in multiple windows, and can apply a different time range to each dashboard.

Follow these steps:

1. Select a dashboard from the Dashboards tab.
    2. Click Change in the upper-right corner, and then select a default time range.
    3. Select one of the time-range options from the list.
    4. To define a custom time range, select Custom Time Range, and select the start and end dates and times.
    5. (Optional) Click the left and right arrow buttons to adjust the custom range.
    6. Click the check mark button. 
      The page is refreshed, and the data displayed in the views reflects the new time range.

• 3.  Re: Change dashboard default time frame

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2017 10:04 AM

To add to what Bob said, I don't believe you can configure this on a per user basis.  There is a System.DefaultTimeRange which defaults to 0 (Last Hour).  Changing it to 4 for example (Last 7 days) will cause it to use Last 7 days as the default when users log in.  This is configurable on the  http://PCHOST:8181/pc/center/admin/debug/attrs page.  But to have a custom value like the last 15 minutes, I don;t think you can do that.  I will see if I can find out and get you a final answer by end of day Monday

• 4.  Re: Change dashboard default time frame

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 04:59 AM

The allowable values in 

System.DefaultTimeRange

The allowable values are:

Last Hour = 0

Last 4 Hours = 1

Last 8 Hours = 2

Last 24 Hours = 3

Last 7 Days = 4

Last 14 Days = 5

Last 30 Days = 6

Last 3 Months = 7

Last 12 Months = 8

Yesterday = 10

Previous Week = 11

Previous Month = 12

Today = 14

Current Week = 15

Current Month = 16

• 5.  Re: Change dashboard default time frame
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 01:42 PM

You can manually set a custom time range, but the minimum length is 30 minutes, I believe. And you would have to keep setting this, manually, as the time would keep changing. But, as for a "Last ..." setting, one hour is the minumum