IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

I have a PAM process to annotate a SCOM alert with the CASD ticket created for the SCOM alert that intermittantly fails withan error: create process error=5, access denied

• 1.  I have a PAM process to annotate a SCOM alert with the CASD ticket created for the SCOM alert that intermittantly fails withan error: create process error=5, access denied

Posted Jun 30, 2017 09:13 AM

AddOM4WeventAnnotation failed unexpectedly: Failed to start process: "powershell.exe" "D:ScriptsSCOMupdatealert.ps1" "SCOM6e995cdc-ceac-4b25-a1fe-255cb5561147" "454637" - reason: Cannot run program "D:Program FilesCAPAMserverc2o/wrappers/c2ojagtw_64.exe" (in directory "D:PAMTemp.c2otmp0dd622d0-d9e0-43ee-9e1a-ad6334ef322c"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied

The process does not fail every time and we have verified it is passing proper credentials back to SCOM.

• 2.  Re: I have a PAM process to annotate a SCOM alert with the CASD ticket created for the SCOM alert that intermittantly fails withan error: create process error=5, access denied

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 12:11 PM

Hi David,

Intermittent problems always make me think of cluster setups.  Is Process Automation clustered?  In other words is there more than one node or orchestrator behind a load balancer?

I'm not sure how Service Desk might be involved here but the same goes for SD.  Is it clustered?

• 3.  Re: I have a PAM process to annotate a SCOM alert with the CASD ticket created for the SCOM alert that intermittantly fails withan error: create process error=5, access denied

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 04:36 AM

Hello David,

please be so kind and open a CA PAM case to follow-up the problem. It is to complex to discuss it in the here.