Gen EDGE

• 1.  TIML - Volume and Performance numbers

Posted Jun 30, 2017 05:10 PM

We are looking at switching from SNA to the CICS Multi Socket Server Listener for our Communications Bridge Server connection to CICS. Does anyone have any volume and performance numbers that is using this product and what the estimated system overhead might be?

• 2.  Re: TIML - Volume and Performance numbers

Posted Jun 30, 2017 10:26 PM

Hey Todd,

When CA released the multi-socket listener, Garanti Technology out of Istanbul did some extensive benchmarking and volume/load testing; the lead Garanti Engineer presented the process and findings at a CA World session.

I don't have a copy but Lynn Williams or Jean Rissmiller from CA may recall the session and be able to locate a copy for you.

In short though, it is higly scalable and absolutely the superior architectural solution.  Hope some of that's useful,

Tim

• 3.  Re: TIML - Volume and Performance numbers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2017 09:08 PM

Thanks Tim, 

Todd, I am chasing up a copy of the Garanti presentation ("Migrating from Single Socket to Multi Socket Listener")

• 4.  Re: TIML - Volume and Performance numbers
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 04:41 PM

Hi Todd,

I discussed this topic with Gen Engineering and we can provide the Garanti presentation via the case you originally created (781626). However from the information you provided in the case your transaction volumes are 100,000,000+ per day and the max tested by Garanti was the order of 700,000,000 per month, so we will likely need to provide you with specific setup advice for your much higher volumes. An Engineer will contact you via the case after the July 4 public holiday has passed.

Regards,

Lynn