Release Automation

• 1.  CA RA 6.4 - The system has stopped writing to the log file because the maximum number of rollover files <0> has been exceeded

Posted Jul 03, 2017 08:51 AM

Hey,

I just downloaded a the logs for a deployment step, in the agent folder within the zip I got three files:

- Agent_hostname_Job_891378_JobServerID_959626.last.log

- Agent_hostname_Job_891378_JobServerID_959626.log

- Agent_hostname_Job_891378_JobServerID_959627.log

and in the .last.log I got the following message:

"The system has stopped writing to the log file because the maximum number of rollover files <0> has been exceeded. This safeguard protects the overcapacity of disk space by this agent.
    You can increase the logs capacity by modifying a system parameter value – please refer to our documentation for further information"

1) where do I find this "further information"?

2) is the log now truncated or is everything logged as it simply continued in the 959627 log?

thanks,
    Michael

• 2.  Re: CA RA 6.4 - The system has stopped writing to the log file because the maximum number of rollover files <0> has been exceeded
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2017 09:36 AM

Hi Michael,

My understanding is that your 959627 log is not a continuation of 959626. That JobServerID should signify a different server type which that log file is representing. And the link below should help answer your question about changing these new logging settings.

Debug Deployments - CA Release Automation - 6.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

• 3.  Re: CA RA 6.4 - The system has stopped writing to the log file because the maximum number of rollover files <0> has been exceeded

Posted Jul 04, 2017 06:55 AM

Thanks Adam

• 4.  Re: CA RA 6.4 - The system has stopped writing to the log file because the maximum number of rollover files <0> has been exceeded

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2017 06:25 AM

Hi Michael,
     Did information from Adam, provide an answer to your query? If yes, can you please help us by marking the answer correct.

If not and you still have question/query please let us know.

Regards,
    Saurabh

• 5.  Re: CA RA 6.4 - The system has stopped writing to the log file because the maximum number of rollover files <0> has been exceeded

Posted Jul 04, 2017 06:55 AM

Hey Saurabh,

that was fast, didn't even get 24hrs before you asked that hahahaha

best regards
    Michael

• 6.  Re: CA RA 6.4 - The system has stopped writing to the log file because the maximum number of rollover files <0> has been exceeded

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2017 08:12 AM

Hi Michael,

Sorry if it was to aggressive, I was just trying to follow up actively on this thread.

Thanks for verifying and marking answer correct. I will slow down next time

Regards,

Saurabh