Service Virtualization

• 1.  Filter doesn't work when i use it in my VS

Posted Jul 03, 2017 01:19 PM

I'm generating 3 codes in a virtual service, every time i use it i need each code +1 , so i builded a subprocess to can do that saving and getting the values of the codes in a txt. But when i use the VS it has 6 methods (SOAP) and each code is generated +6, i builded another subprocess where it generated the each code +1 but the filter "Save property value to file" doesn't work when i use it in the VS but works when i use the ITR on it.

I can't figure out why the subprocess run six times when i use it in my VS and in the other subprocess why the filter doesn't work.

*this is the logic to add +1 in each code (subprocess where the filter "Save property value to file" doesn't work)

*the filter (it doesn't work in my VS but works when i use the ITR)

Thank you for any help you can provide.

• 2.  Re: Filter doesn't work when i use it in my VS

Posted Jul 05, 2017 05:56 PM

Hello Luis,

Is your VSE service running on a remote server?

If yes, make sure the "Location" for the "NumPoliza.txt" file is a valid path in the VSE Server.

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: Filter doesn't work when i use it in my VS

Posted Jul 07, 2017 03:59 PM

Hi Maria,

yes It's on a remote server (all in one architecture) and I verified the path of the txt. but It still not working when I call the subprocess in my virtual service.

• 4.  Re: Filter doesn't work when i use it in my VS

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:45 AM

Luis,

Did Heloisa's recommendations help you out with this issue?

• 5.  Re: Filter doesn't work when i use it in my VS

Posted Jul 07, 2017 04:06 PM

Hi Reid,
    I verified her recommendations but couldn't fix the issue. I'm still trying to know why the virtual service call the subprocess as many times as methods it has and why the subprocess I created (the first image I posted) the filter doesn't work.

• 6.  Re: Filter doesn't work when i use it in my VS

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:51 AM

Hi,

Try checking the Quiet checkbox in the respective step.

Thanks,

Vish

• 7.  Re: Filter doesn't work when i use it in my VS
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 13, 2017 09:07 AM

Luis,

It sounds like you want to keep a counter and increment between virtual service responses.  This is OOTB functionality.  In DevTest you can create a property and increment it via the {{=myCounter=myCounter+1}}.  place this were you want the counter number.  Then to keep this property alive between VSE requests (models get clean memory every run) you need to place the myCounter property in the Responder Step.  This means the property is kept outside of the VSE Model and in the memory of VSE.  The property will be available across multiple running thread of the model (VSE count >1) or can be shared in a different model.  

They Kiosk V6 dynamic example uses this to actually keep track of the bank balance between deposits and withdrawing of money. 

This functionality is Conversational Model Properties and you can see the manual page on adding them here.

Virtual TCP/IP Responder Step - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation