DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UMP authentication failure

Posted Jul 03, 2017 05:39 PM

Been working with a team on UIM/UMP , migrating monitors from another monitoring system to UIM... Have mostly been working in the UIM fat client (windows) but have started working with UMP to visualize the data - really only using the USM portlet out of box to look at the graphs for cdm and logmon and url_response... etc.

Problem is the UMP seems really unstable .. I can only use it for maybe a day or so at most and the its crashing or somehow failing under the covers (which I dont have access too).  I will experience slowness and parts of the screen (portlets) just disappearing.  I will experience at times 504 gateway errors.  Also some times get the home screen and just simply wont respond to long (get authentication failed).

So question is this... where should I start trouble shooting - is there troubleshooting probes I could install that would help.. or do I really need access to the server itself.  The person Im working with can't/won't give me access (as I'm independent consultant) to the backend so not sure I can see any logs unless there is a probe I can install from the UIM console.  Looking for any troubleshooting advice or links that will help.

thanks

• 2.  Re: UMP authentication failure
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 04, 2017 12:02 AM