CA Service Management

• 1.  How to show the contacts they have and do not have an access type assigned

Posted Jul 04, 2017 10:30 AM

I have created in CA Service Desk the alias that allow me to bring the name of the access type

The created alias was added as a dimension through the universe designer. Being available for use in SAP BusinessObjects 4.1 Support Pack 3

When I run the query it shows me only the contacts that have an access type assigned.
    Does not show me the ones that do not have an access type assigned.

For your help from now on thank you very much

• 2.  Re: How to show the contacts they have and do not have an access type assigned

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 12:38 AM

Hi,

Did you try by keeping a query filter.

Like "Access type is Null"  or  "Access type not in "existing list of access types""

• 3.  Re: How to show the contacts they have and do not have an access type assigned

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 06:37 AM

Hi,

as this relates to Service Desk rather than BSI, I've updated the Categories for you - that should get you a bit more visibility.

thanks

Iain

• 4.  Re: How to show the contacts they have and do not have an access type assigned

Posted Jul 05, 2017 09:17 AM

Dear
    The information is obtained from SDM However the reports are generated in BSI

• 5.  Re: How to show the contacts they have and do not have an access type assigned

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 09:24 AM

Thanks - I've added it back, now.

So these are Business Service Insight reports, rather than CABI ones? How are you collecting the access type in the resource? This will dictate how the metrics are grouped in the contract.

• 6.  Re: How to show the contacts they have and do not have an access type assigned

Posted Jul 05, 2017 07:50 AM

Hi Alexis,

I think the query is doing an 'Inner Join' behind the scenes. So try to edit the join to 'Left Join' or 'Right Join' and see if the results change? 

Kind Regards,

Brian