CA Service Management

• 1.  attribute not found for custom fields

Posted Jul 05, 2017 08:47 AM

Hello Team

We have setup  replica of our current production sdm which has custom fields .

we restored full backup of production sdm on replica server and copied all custome htmpl files from production to replica server. After restoration of mdb I also can see now  custom columns z_site , z_phone etc in scema designer. But still while creating a ticket  , the ticket page giving error z_site attribute not found.

I open the htmpl form in wsp tool there I cannot see attribute of custom table like z_site.

I believe there is something to do with wsp_schema & wsp_index file present in site --> mods folder.

Can anypne pls advise on it.

Many thanks 

• 2.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 05, 2017 10:18 AM

Hi Aamir,

There are some very specific steps that need to be followed to fully replicate a system.  

Here is a quick overview:

1. gather the following from the source system:

- site\mods zipped up

- backup of MDB database

- attachments directory (wherever you are storing it - by default its site\attachments)

2. on target system, install SDM and patch to the same level as production

3. restore the MDB database from the backup you took in step 1

4. run sql script to fix the orphaned SQL user (which should be mdbadmin or servicedesk depending on the version of SDM you are using) (your DBA can assist with this part if you are not familiar with it)

4. go into WSP Schema Designer and make a "dummy update" such as adding an "X" to the description field (in the content section on the right) for any table, then go to File > Save, then remove the "X" and go to File > Save and Publish

5. stop SDM services

6. run pdm_publish (this will build the proper schema files)

7. copy mods, and attachments directory that you gathered from step 1, into place on the target system

8. run pdm_configure

You should be good to go with a running replica.

NOW, since you have already done most of these steps, to fix this in your environment, you should be able to just do the following steps:

1. go into WSP Schema Designer and make a "dummy update" such as adding an "X" to the description field (in the content section on the right) for any table, then go to File > Save, then remove the "X" and go to File > Save and Publish

2. stop services

3. run pdm_publish

4. copy the mods in place from the source system

5. run pdm_configure

You should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields

Posted Jul 06, 2017 07:55 AM

Hi Jon

pls see the below error while running pdm_publish command. Please advise

• 4.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields

Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:46 AM

Jon_Israel can u pls advise

• 5.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields

Posted Jul 06, 2017 03:55 PM

Hi Amir, 

Unfortunately the only way to fix the 8dot3 issue is by uninstalling SDM completely, then removing the directories that it creates, then enabling 8dot3 on the system, then reinstalling SDM, along with all the patches etc.  8dot3 is documented as a pre-req for installing all versions of SDM.  

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 04:20 PM

Here is a link to the documentation that references 8.3 requirement

Installation Considerations - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 7.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 11:09 AM

Hi La-Qa,

It seems that 8dot3 is disabled in the environment where SDM is installed. Please check the following document which matches with your problem:

Unable to publish schema. AHD04759 error. 

Regards,

Pablo

• 8.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields

Posted Jul 06, 2017 12:39 PM

And if 8dot3 is not activated, you need to recreate the directory for windows to generate the short name.

• 9.  Re: attribute not found for custom fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 05:27 PM

Hello,

Please confirm if the issue has been solved or if any further questions.

Regards,

Pablo