• 1.  not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 06, 2017 06:58 AM

Hello Team

please see the below employee role. I cannot see create a incident link

PLease advise

• 2.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:16 AM

My first suggestion would be to review the Employee Role to make sure the function access is set to "Modify" for Request/Incident/Problem. Aside from that, is there any customization to the home.htmpl that removed the ability to create tickets?

• 3.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:25 AM

Hi Alexender

how can I review employe role to check the function access set to modify?

• 4.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:28 AM

in addition. No we don't have any customize home.htmpl

• 5.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:34 AM

Aamir,

Log into Service Desk as an Administrator, access the Administrator tab. Go to "Security and Role Management" and expand it. Find "Role Management", expand that, and then access "Role List". Find the "Employee" Role in the list, open it, then view the Function Access tab, and look for "Incident/Problem/Request"

• 6.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 06, 2017 10:00 AM

Hi Alexender

I jus checked this.. it is set to MODIFY already

• 7.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi Aamir,

To enable the creation of incidents on the employee interface, you will need to update an option called "employee_intf_incident_support" in options manager, setting it to  "Both Incident and Request" then recycle Service Desk services.  Now when logging in as a user with the employee role (or switching to the employee role), you should see the link to create an incident as well as request.  

• 8.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:41 AM

Yes Jon

I already check this option before and it was set to incident only. still it was not showing. Then I changed it to both. and recycle the services.. still I cannot see the option.. Even if if I removed detail_in.htmpl file fro site--> mods folder. and clear the cache pdm_webache -H and then login to sdm...still the employee page is same...it should go to the default one...but this is not happening..

actually I made a replica of my production server ...before copying custum htmpl files from production to replica server....the replica server employee role was okay..i was able to create incident from employee role. but after copied custom files on replica server...this happenend.. ANd every custom files is working fine as we have more than 7 custom htmpl files. but from employee role I cannot create incident.

please advise

• 9.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 06, 2017 10:03 AM

Dear Jon

I just noticed that when I changed this to BOTH (incident & Request)in option manager.and save this...the status is in progress..   Even I recycled the services.

what could be the issue...also I checked pdm_status....all services are in running and completed state

• 10.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 07, 2017 08:48 PM

Jon_Israel @alexander

Please can you advise

• 11.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 10, 2017 04:12 AM

Hi Aamir,

See this tech doc:

How to resolve the situation where Administration - Options Manager, installed/de-installed options have a status of "In… 

Alternative you can update the value in NX.env (@NX_EMPLOYEE_INTF_INCIDENT_SUPPORT=IncidentandRequest) and recycle the services.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 12.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 10, 2017 07:59 AM

Aamir,  The document that Brian provided should resolve the "in progress" issue.  There is also a fix for that which is included in the latest cumulative (CP4 for 14.1) to prevent that problem from happening.

Thanks,

Jon

• 13.  Re: not able to create incident from employee role

Posted Jul 10, 2017 09:36 AM

THankyou JOn And Brian

I will do that