Test Data Manager

• 1.  Option file contains error- Durinng Subset

Posted Jul 06, 2017 04:42 AM
      |   view attached

In GT Subset, after doing Subset, the extract is saved in Repository. While I am trying to save the export and import file,

"Options file contain Error" pops-up. And the subset records are not getting reflected in the database.

• 2.  Re: Option file contains error- Durinng Subset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 09:24 AM

Hi Reshma,

Thank you for the error message.  Can I get a screenshot of the options you have set?  Can I get the options file that you save?  Since you do file exporting, I am assuming the error occurs on import.   Do you do any file manipulation before importing?  If so, may I also have that file?  Can you describe your process of creating the Fast Data Masker Options and Masking CSV file? i.e. we create it on a windows system, edit the files to work in a production Windows environment, import the files and get the error.

Cheers!
    Les.

• 3.  Re: Option file contains error- Durinng Subset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 10:51 AM

Hi Reshma,

The reason for the 20 questions is that I need to get a firm understanding of the process.  Shooting from the hip, I would have to say that there are two possibilities for the error. 

1. You are editing the file and the formatting gets corrupted - i.e. CR/LF gets turned into a CR, or you edit the file and what you put in is not UPPERCASE, or data is left out. 
    2. You are moving between systems and the file becomes corrupted - i.e. FTP to another system and the file is corrupted due to incorrect parameters.

Cheers!
    Les

• 4.  Re: Option file contains error- Durinng Subset

Posted Jul 07, 2017 08:18 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Les

I have attached the screenshot of the error message. The error happened while I was trying to save the subset extract with the Action Name.

And I also want to know what option file it refers to.

--

Thanks and Regards,

Reshma S (980151)

ASE TDM CoE

Assurance Service Unit

Tata Consultancy Services

Ph:- +91 9487512285

Mailto: resh.s@tcs.com

• 5.  Re: Option file contains error- Durinng Subset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 01:54 PM

Hi Reshma,

We are getting closer.  Can you please take me step by step for what you place in the options, how you save it, etc.? Ad Docsx with screenshots would do.   Are you sure you have write/create privileges for the folder you are attempting to save to?

Cheers!
    Les

• 6.  Re: Option file contains error- Durinng Subset
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2017 11:24 AM

Hi Reshma, 

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, it might be easier to troubleshoot this issue over a WebEx. If you would like a WebEx, please open a support case so that we can troubleshoot the issue with you further. You can do this by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or calling one of these numbers Contact CA Support - CA Technologies

You are also welcome to continue troubleshooting with Les through the communities. I just wanted to supply another option to progress towards a resolution.

Best regards,

Taylor

• 7.  Re: Option file contains error- Durinng Subset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 08:19 PM

Hi Reshma,

I do agree with Taylor.  We can play 20 questions, but a quick WebEx would probably resolve this issue through the Support channels.  Please open a case.

Cheers!
    Les