CA Service Management

• 1.  Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:27 AM

Our intent is to have a customer satisfaction survey trigger to the affected end user when our help desk is the originator or resolver of an incident.  In my research and testing I found that the 14.1 admin document (linked below) explains the Managed Survey Field of "Group" as the group associated with the survey.  Does that mean only users in this group will receive the survey or something else?  Any guidance is appreciated.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/how-to-configure-surveys/create-a-managed-survey#CreateaManagedSurvey-ManagedSurveyFields

• 2.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Posted Jul 07, 2017 11:06 AM

I'll explain what we've done. 1: We needed to send a survey only on a certain category. 2: We had to choose the recipient of the survey when resolving the ticket. 3: The survey was processed by a system outside of Service Desk. The solution, we created a new field z_affected_user_survey that fills the resolution of the ticket. We added on the activity resolution an event with a trigger of a PAM process if the field z_affected_user_survey and fills or not. The PAM process retrieves the necessary information from the ServiceDesk ticket and sends the survey. Basically this is it ... I hope this will help you

• 3.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Posted Jul 14, 2017 10:35 AM

Thank you Remy for your explanation.  Right now we do not have our PAM application in production and are attempting to use the survey process that is within Service Desk.

• 4.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Posted Jul 08, 2017 01:30 PM

Please note that "Managed Surveys" have nothing to do with tickets. They are a way to send a survey out to a list of contacts.

Surveys (aka Satisfaction Surveys) are triggered based on Activity Notifications (usually Close). The specific survey sent is based on the Request/Incident/Problem Area (or Change/Issue Category) "Survey" field or a default Survey.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Posted Jul 14, 2017 01:50 PM

Thank you for your explanation of the Managed Surveys.

On the regular surveys, is there a way to send them when a certain group opens the ticket?  I do understand the Request/Incident/Problem Area being configured to issue a survey upon closure of the ticket and we have successfully sent a survey.  I was just curious how we could set up the Activity Notifications to send a survey to users who have  had a ticket created by a specific group/queue

• 6.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2017 02:26 PM

Richard, I don't think you can do that from the web interface configuration. Some kind of customization would need.

For example, a trigger on CL("Closed") status of the cr object. Or use some java script to send notification if it sees

the group when the page is unloaded using unloadActions function on the page(the link for send the survey is

http://sdmserver/CAis/pdmweb.exe?OP=DO_SURVEY+SID=0+SVY_ID=the-id-the-survey+CNT_ID=uuid-of-affected-end-user+CNTXT_PERS… 

my 2cents for your consideration.

Thanks

Chi

• 7.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2017 02:36 PM

The link is the survey link.

The customization should send email notification and the link should be in the email body

• 8.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Posted Jul 21, 2017 09:48 AM

Thanks for the idea Chi.  We are working with the group requesting the surveys to see if there is a way to use what Service Desk has to offer as it stands now to suit their needs.  If not we may have to go with customization or a 3rd party application.

• 9.  Re: Is there a way in Service Desk to have a survey only trigger when a certain group opens or resolves an incident?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 10:01 AM

Richard, the years I work with Service Desk make me believe SDM can be made to suit almost any needs. If you are good on spel, you use spel to implement your business logic; if you are good in other scripting(perl, C/C++/C#, java etc),

you use that in remote reference/custom notification(action); if you are good in WS programing, you can write code taking advantage of the soap and Rest WS APIs; if you are good in java script, you can write custom java script for 

your web interface. And many more. I once used VB to write a user interface to replace all the command line utilities. It will need some work but as an enterprise app it worth the effect.  Regards _Chi