DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Multiple nas

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:47 AM

Hello, currently I have a number of remote UIM hubs with queues (post and get) so all alarms go back to my primary hub, with a single NAS on the primary hub. So all alarms are posted directly back to the primary. For a short period of time I want any alarms received by the remote hubs to stay and be displayed at those remote hubs. I am assuming all I need is to stop the queues and install a local NAS on each of these?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Multiple nas
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 03:11 PM

HI Correct,

You would need to install a NAS location and disable the alarm attach and get queue that you currently have to the primary.

This will prevent any alarms from a hub setup this way from showing up in USM as you can not have multiple NAS connecting to the back end database.

So the only way these alams will be seen is if someone logs in to IM on the local hub and connects to that nas.

I hope that is clear.

• 3.  Re: Multiple nas

Posted Jul 11, 2017 07:45 AM

Thanks Gene, I tried it but cannot get the nas to start on the standalone hub. Queues disabled, when starting the nas it goes red, does not generate a log file so cannot see what the issue is. Will keep trying.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Multiple nas

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 07:51 AM

NAs has a dependency on the alarm_enrichment probe.

Make sure it is listed and activated.

If it is not this will fail.

Set your controller loglevel to 3 and logsize to 5000 and restart

check the controller.log it should tell you why it is failing.

• 5.  Re: Multiple nas

Posted Jul 11, 2017 09:10 AM

Okay thanks did not realise nas had a dependency on alarm_enrichment probe, obvious really . Will find it and download. Thanks again

• 6.  Re: Multiple nas

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 09:19 AM

It should have been installed when and was. Not  a seperate install. Try deploying  and again..

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>

• 7.  Re: Multiple nas

Posted Jul 11, 2017 09:29 AM

Gene, it is working, I updated the nas probe in my archive and redeployed and now I have all I need and it works. Appreciate your help with this. Thank you

• 8.  Re: Multiple nas

Posted Jul 11, 2017 09:24 AM

It did not install, I have deployed nas probe several times now, it says it completes but no alarm_enrichment, this is nas probe version 4.4 I am using and has been working fine for a while.