Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:02 AM

Hello All,

Can some one please suggest me how to delete the entries from Events tab in CVS dashboard? Please find attached image. I am able to select entries but not getting delete options.

Please assist.

Thanks..

Shivam

• 2.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:17 AM

What version of LISA are you on? 

Please be aware that all versions of LISA are end of life.

• 3.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:20 AM

I am using Lisa 7.5.2 Please

• 4.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:30 AM

This may help:

The CVS Manager command-line utility lets you manage the set of monitors deployed to the Continuous Validation Service. The utility is located in the LISA_HOME/bin directory.

This utility has the following format:

CVSManager [-h] [-m registry-spec] [-d archive-file] [-r archive-file] [-l] [-D] [-A] [-e] [x] [-X] [-s name] [-n name] [-u username] [-p password] [--version]

-h, --help

Displays help text.

-m registry-spec, --registry=registry-spec

Defines the registry to which to connect.

-d archive-file, --deploy=archive-file

Deploys the specified model archive to CVS as a monitor. The monitor defined in the archive must refer to a monitor and service name combination that does not already exist.

-r archive-file, --redeploy=archive-file

Redeploys the specified model archive to CVS as a monitor. The monitor defined in the archive must refer to a monitor and service name combination that exists.

-l, --list

Lists the currently deployed monitors with information about each.

-D, --pause

Pauses the scheduled execution of the indicated monitor.

-A, --resume

Resumes the scheduled execution of the indicated monitor.

-e, --execute-now

Causes the indicated monitor to be executed immediately, regardless of its schedule. This action does not affect any scheduled executions of the monitor.

-x, --remove

Removes a monitor from CVS. Use the service name and monitor name arguments to indicate which monitor to remove.

-X, --remove-all

Removes all monitors from CVS. If a service name is specified, then only monitors defined with that service name are removed.

-s name, --service-name=name

Specifies the service name for the monitors to affect.

-n name, --monitor-name=name

Specifies the monitor name to affect.

-u username, --username=username

Specifies the LISA security user name. If access control (ACL) is enabled, then this option is required.

-p password, --password=password

Specifies the LISA security password. If access control (ACL) is enabled, then this option is required.

--version

Print the version number and exit.

Example: Deploy Monitor

This example deploys a monitor to CVS.

CVSManager -d monitor.mar

Example: Delete Monitor

This example deletes that same monitor (assuming the service and monitor names).

CVSManager -x -s OrderManager -n CheckOrders

This example deletes all monitors in the OrderManager service.

CVSManager -X -s OrderManager

This example deletes all monitors.

CVSManager -X

• 5.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Posted Jul 10, 2017 11:37 AM

Shivam,

Did Marcy's recommendations help you out with this issue?

• 6.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Posted Jul 10, 2017 12:51 PM

Hello Reid,

Yes it was helpful to increase my knowledge. But I want to remove log files from Even tab, not sure which command will work in this case. Monitor - I am able to delete but not logs.

Also today when I tried to check in even logs , noticed that previous logs entries was not there so it means daily it clearing it self.

Is not it?

Thanks..

Shivam Garg

• 7.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 04:39 PM

What log files are you referring to?

• 8.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.

Posted Jul 10, 2017 10:56 PM

Morning Marcy,

This is not a kind of physical file I am able to see over server in lisatmp folder. It is something we are able to see when opening CVS in console and checking Event tabs.

Please check screen shot provided above.

Thanks..

Cheers..

• 9.  Re: How to delete enteries from Events tab in CVS.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 10, 2017 04:56 PM

The Events you see in this report are informational and there to provide a history of what has happened.  DevTest / LISA stores these events in a table within the DevTest database. The UI, in this case, does not have a mechanism for CLICKing an event and removing it. I suppose you could write your own SQL DELETE statement, but that would be an "at your own peril" as the tables can change without notice.

We have the concept of a Report Cleaner which runs as a background task. The report cleaner is designed to look at the date/time stamp on reports and remove old reports.

Report Cleaner properties can be added to the local.properties file to make the report cleanup thread run more or less often. The first prop (below) is the initial delay before the cleaner starts - the default is 10 minutes. The second prop is the time between runs - the default is 60 minutes (or 1 hour).

rpt.cleaner.initDelayMin=10    (ex: 10 minutes)

rpt.cleaner.pulseMin=60        (ex: 60 minutes)

I am not certain the following properties were enabled in 7.5.2.  7.5.2 may have had a built-in 30 day expiration.  These properties, available in later versions of DevTest, allow a customer to establish how long a report remains in the database before it is purged.

perfmgr.rvwiz.whatrpt.autoExpire=true

perfmgr.rvwiz.whatrpt.expireTimer=30d   (ex: 'd' means days)

30d is short for "remove reports that are older than 30 days from the date/time the report cleaner runs".