Service Virtualization

• 1.  Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Posted Jul 10, 2017 09:59 AM

Hello All,

We have one custom jar file which was used previously by different team in their workstations which is desolved now. I am using same approach and suggested by them in email.

1. Upload the attached jar file in the path, c:/programfiles/lisa.7.5.2/hotdeploy . Start LISA workstation. This custom jar file will enable you to add a filter in the LISA test step.

2. Below is the screenshot of the email filter. Subject, Body of the email can be entered and attachment path can also be mentioned.

3. The same jar file needs to be updated in the server as well.

This time also we performed same, but it is not working. We analysing mail boxes and we are not getting any mail. Can some suggest where can be issue? After deploying file in hot deploy folder, do we need to do any change in local or lisa properties file?

Please suggest and advise some thign as it is blocking one requirement.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 10:59 AM

On your Server, open the Workstation and very the java.class.path property in Help-->DevTest Runtime Info-->System Properties and see the jar file is shown or not. If it is there then it should work for you as long the custom jar is built for the version of DevTest you are using.

• 3.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Posted Jul 10, 2017 12:47 PM

Hello Prema, 

Thanks for your reply. But I am not clear or bit confused, you are saying on your server, open workstation so you mean to say simple open lisa work station not server (which is a linux box).

Also that jar was used in same version which I am using.

Please advise. You previously also helped me in such kind of issues using web ex.

Thanks..

Shivam Garg

• 4.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 01:13 PM

Hi Shivam,

Can you open a support ticket and I can do a WebEx and look at your issue.

Thanks,

Prema

• 5.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Posted Jul 10, 2017 11:07 PM

Hello Prema,

Please find case id 00789693. I am approachable through email as phone is not working. Please drop me email with web ex and we can continue over there.

Hopefully it will not take that much time.

Thanks for your help. 

Also note: Ticket I raised is for 7.5.2 and we have Ray Linford words that we can raise ticket as version upgrade in bank is in progress.

Thanks..

• 6.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Posted Jul 11, 2017 03:58 AM

Hello Prema,

I am not able to such kind of file or folder with name System properties in Lisa installation folder in C drive or in server box as well. Please help me with web ex.

Thanks..

Shivam Garg

• 7.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Posted Jul 11, 2017 08:32 AM

Hello Prema,

I am working in India and availble till 8 PM IST. Can you schedule call before that?

Cheers..

Thanks..

• 8.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Posted Jul 12, 2017 04:30 AM

Hellp Prema,

It is working now as you suggested yesterday. I was configuration mis match from my side what we were giving in filter. Now it working. Plese fell free to close the ticket.

Cheers..

Shivam

• 9.  Re: Cuostom Jar file not working even after placing it in hotdeploy folder in workstation and in server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2017 09:48 AM

Hi Shivam,

Good to hear that issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Prema