Plex 2E

• 1.  Old programmer needs help!

Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:54 PM

I retired six years ago and a program I wrote for my wife more than a decade ago in Plex 5.0 (upgaded to 6.1) has to be upgraded and all my resources are gone.

Is there anyone willing to provide updates so she can use it on newer operating systems and 64 bit machines?

It uses Crystal Reports and Sybase Central presently. it is currently running on a borrowed machine as our machine died.

Someday you may find yourself in this position - think about that!

• 2.  Re: Old programmer needs help!

Posted Jul 13, 2017 02:44 AM

oh go on. I can't guarantee anything and I have also "retired" from CA Plex

• 3.  Re: Old programmer needs help!

Posted Aug 10, 2017 09:17 AM

Anyone got access to an ancient version of Crystal Reports..the one from VB days

something like the following VB 6 Crystal Reports installation issue-VBForums 

would help is this cause

• 4.  Re: Old programmer needs help!

Posted Oct 08, 2017 08:28 AM

Hey DocWheeler,

I'm back here after some time of abstinence. I read your post and asked myself if anyone outside there was able to help you? Well, if not, I'll give it a try.

I'm not retired yet, but had a similar problem a few years ago and got it done.

So, let us do a transatlantic thing that probably is helpful. Could you describe what you expect me to do and zip all neccessary parts together and send it to my eMail account? If the application model and the database is too large (> 20 MB), maybe you can load it on an ftp-server, where I can get it from.

I can't guarantee any success, but will have a look on it.

Regards,

Axel

...and make freedom, peace, friendship and happiness great again.