CA Service Management

• 1.  Passing Comments into KB Notification

Posted Jul 11, 2017 12:20 PM

I am looking to pass the comments entered by an approver in the KB approval process into the KB rejection email notification that is sent out when the KB document is rejected. Thought this would be an easy addition to the email notification but not proving to be so. If anyone has done this or something similar any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

• 2.  Re: Passing Comments into KB Notification

Posted Jul 11, 2017 12:22 PM

Hi Ben,

I dont think there is an attribute available to represent those comments, so I am not sure it could be done without any customization of some sort.  There may be folks out here that have gotten that to work and maybe willing to share their info with you.  

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Passing Comments into KB Notification

Posted Jul 11, 2017 12:25 PM

Thanks Jon. I thought it might be a long shot as it looks like it goes through multiple tables before it gets to the table that the comments are stored in. I figured it didn’t hurt to ask just in case I was missing something obvious.

Thanks

Ben

• 4.  Re: Passing Comments into KB Notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 02:11 PM

Ben, this is not tested yet but just post here for consideration...

you could use the out of box activity notification "Document Rejected in Approval" with a custom notification message template for "Knowledge Document Comment" object type. The comment in the email/message template should be

something like"

Document reject comment: @{COMMENT_TEXT}

"

Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Passing Comments into KB Notification

Posted Jul 11, 2017 02:58 PM

Chi,

I appreciate your suggestion. Unfortunately I tried that option and when I try to add a message template to the activity notification it will only allow me to select a message template with the same object type. Therefore I can’t select a message template with the object type of Document Comment from an Activity Notification with the object type of Knowledge Document….

Unfortunately I think this is one of those that just isn’t possible ☺

Thanks

Ben

• 6.  Re: Passing Comments into KB Notification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 04:16 PM

Ben, finally I got the chance try to do it...

I was able go pass the problem you hit by setting the flag for "Knowledge Document Comments" to 1 using the pdm_load.

However, when I try to upload the rule in list_ntfr.htmpl I got server delay page as the stdlog showing error in

freeaccess.spl:

7556 ERROR freeaccess.spl 22350 AHD04646:do_checkout_with_timer::dob_by_persid(0) failed: Unknown name "0"

so the web engine does not allow this. As such, if you really want this happens, you may try to manually insert the rule

to the mentioned activity notification and see what happens. Thanks _Chi