Rally Software

• 1.  Formatting options in Quick View vs. Full View

Posted Jul 11, 2017 02:06 PM

A number of users have commented on the fact that the description and other text boxes have more formatting options in Quick View than they do in Full View.  Strikethrough is only available in Quick View as is the option to create a table.  Are there plans to add these options to the text editor in Full View for the Description, Notes, and Discussion elements?  

These follow the same pattern as the new @mention functionality, in that all three options are available if you start from Quick View but not available in Full View.  I would hope that, also, will soon be available from Full View.  My users love the new functionality, but would really love it if they didn't have to switch to Quick View to use it.  

• 2.  Re: Formatting options in Quick View vs. Full View
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2017 03:01 PM

I wonder if this is a strategy by CA to get everyone to move over to QDP.  If they are only adding new functionality to QDP then that's where everyone will work.  After using them for quite awhile, they are becoming my new favorite feature and the response time on the new pages is awesome!  

• 3.  Re: Formatting options in Quick View vs. Full View

Posted Jul 14, 2017 08:07 AM

I think that Sheri is almost certainly correct. With the latest enhancements to the QDP like the Collections pane I think that the use cases that require the use of the old Editable Detail Page are shrinking in number. If that's the direction that the product is moving in then it may not be a priority to rework the EDP page framework to use the new enhanced rich text editors. ValZolyak, any feedback on that question? Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Formatting options in Quick View vs. Full View

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2017 05:57 PM

EricNash and Sheri.L.Moore are on the right path.  Our goal is to move forward with our new editors, which is why you see us adding more and more functionality to that pattern of working.    It's on our radar to look how we can continue to support a full view experience, and would love to get your feedback around what we can do better terry.ginzburg.  

• 5.  Re: Formatting options in Quick View vs. Full View

Posted Jul 17, 2017 10:06 AM

I completely understand the direction you're going with enhancing the QDP view.  I like using QDPs when doing data grooming or reviewing   One of the challenges, however, is that templates aren't available in QDP view, and we are heavily using templates via the Rich Text Template Sharing lab.  We're rolling this out across a very large organization, and using templates on portfolio items to drive consistency in the item descriptions.  If a portfolio item is created in QDP the default template is not applied, so users either need to switch to full view before creating or switch after creating and manually apply the template.

My gut tells me that even if this weren't the case, when adding the kind of detail we're putting into a portfolio item (sort of a light business case) a user would want to have more real estate for the description than what is available in QDP.  I like the convenience of seeing details of one item while still in the context of my list, but would like to see the same editor in both places.

I will add that for the most part I really do like where you're taking Agile Central.