Clarity

• 1.  DWH LN tables

Posted Jul 11, 2017 02:16 PM

I have been getting to know and love my DWH tables. I am trying to understand the meaning behind the LN tables. For example, there is DWH_INV_PROJECT wihich contains out of the box project data and custom fields. Then we have DWH_INV_PROJECT_LN. It contains project data and some more custom fields. The common denominator of the LN tables is that they all seem to have language code fields (and LN therefore is appropriate). Is that the reason for having them? English is our only PPM language so there are only 'en' values in the tables.

• 2.  Re: DWH LN tables
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 04:14 PM

Hi Colum

Yes, the _LN tables are the language tables used for translation purposes. It stores the different data warehouse language variations for the investments, projects etc.

An example on how this would work:

DWH_INV_INVESTMENT_LN table will have 1 record per language for each record in DWH_INV_INVESTMENT.

Although currently you are only using the English language, the system supports you to add new languages at any time and this is why the tables are still present. If you think it would be best not to have them if using 1 language only, feel free to raise an Idea here in the Communities.

I hope this helps -Nika