Clarity

• 1.  Xog out cost plan attachment attribute

Posted Jul 12, 2017 07:25 AM

Hi All,

I'm trying to XOG out a cost plan attachment attribute. I've tried adding the document location argument in header with no luck. The file is stored in the database

Does anybody knows how to do this?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
    <Header version="13.0" action="read" objectType="costPlan" externalSource="NIKU">
    <args name="documentLocation" value="c:\temp"/>
    </Header>
    <Query>
    <Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">00000058</Filter>
    </Query>
    </NikuDataBus>

here is the xml i'm using

Thanks in advance,

Gonçalo

• 2.  Re: Xog out cost plan attachment attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2017 04:36 PM

What release of CA PPM are you using?

Have you downloaded the XOG client from Administration > General Settings > Client Downloads? If yes, have you tried to run the xog command with the command-line parameters as described here? If yes, what was the outcome? You said that you have not had any luck- does this mean that you tried to run the xog but got an error? If yes, what was the error message that you received from XOG (please share the output xml file).

Another question: what file is stored in the database?

• 3.  Re: Xog out cost plan attachment attribute

Posted Jul 12, 2017 05:18 PM

In case it isn't known, please note that the attachments are placed on the PPM server that handles your XOG request.

This also implies:

1. The location specified (e.g. c:\temp) needs to pre-exist on the servers where you are running the CA PPM app services.
    2. If you are running a 'clustered' environment with multiple servers, the location needs to be available to them all - either as a local location like c:\temp or a shared one on the network.
    3. The user running those CA PPM app services in the OS, needs to have permissions to access the location and create files there.
    4. If you need the files on your client machine, you will have to take additional steps to pull them from the server to the client after the XOG request completes.  The response to your request is only/always going to be the XML report and output, there is no way for it to also include the attachment(s) directly.

• 4.  Re: Xog out cost plan attachment attribute
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 13, 2017 04:49 AM

Thanks everyone. I managed to export the attachement to a folder on the server using the Document_read.xml. Now I need to xog the attachment back in. This time to a differente cost plan. How can I do this? Should I use the costplan_write.xml or a document write_xml?

I'll leave the xog file used to export the attachment here for future reference:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
    <Header version="7.5" action="read" objectType="document" externalSource="NIKU">
    <args name="documentLocation" value="D:\temp" />
    </Header>
    <DocumentQuery>
    <Filter name="folderName" criteria="EQUALS">ctp_att_folhaestimat::ODF::Attribute</Filter>
    <Filter name="folderPath" criteria="EQUALS">/Root/DMS/ODF/costplan/5561001</Filter>
    </DocumentQuery>
    </NikuDataBus>

Thank you for all your help,

Gonçalo

• 5.  Re: Xog out cost plan attachment attribute

Posted Jul 18, 2017 01:01 PM

For future referemce, I was able to Xog in the attachment. However, when xogging in to a new cost plan I first had to create the cost plan and after xog the attachments in.

Thank you all for your help.

Kind regards,

Gonçalo