CA Service Management

• 1.  Event query, rules and actions per service

Posted Jul 12, 2017 03:32 PM

I need a query that lists the events, rules, and actions per service.
    So in the LIKE clause I would put '%service%' and select would return the events connected to it, the event-bound rules, and the actions (with status) attached to these rules.

• 2.  Re: Event query, rules and actions per service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 05:12 AM

Good Morning Everton.

To my knowledge, there is no link/relation in the mdb between Event-Rule-Actions and Offerings/services.

An mdb query therefor is not possible.

Thanks and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: Event query, rules and actions per service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 09:16 AM

As Louis states, there's no mapping from the service to the rule that would allow this, unfortunately. What you'll have is a series of rules for events, each with a series of actions that are fired when the condition on that rule is met. Whether any given service matches that condition will not be something you could easily check from a SQL query.

Some rules may be fairly obvious to spot, e.g. checking the service option by name, or using class/subclass to identify a type of service option. Others may or may not be relevant for a given request, depending on (for example) who the requested_for user is, which Business Unit raises the request, or which options in a service are chosen.

If you suspect, but need to confirm, if a particular rule is firing on a test request, you may wish to add a "debugging" action that e.g. emails you with an appropriate notification when the rule fires, in addition to the ones you already have defined.

Regards

Iain