DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Account users are able to delete a device from UIM inventory in the version 8.51?

Posted Jul 12, 2017 03:01 PM

Hello,

It is possible for account user on the last UIM8.51 version be able to delete device from the UIM inventory?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Rui Dinis

• 2.  Re: Account users are able to delete a device from UIM inventory in the version 8.51?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 12:09 PM

Hi Rui,

If you mean can a user logged into UMP delete devices then the answer is yes if they have been asigned the correct ACL.

From USM tree the user should be able to select inventory and from the devices displayed the can select which device or devices they wish to delete.

Additionally you can delete choose to prevent the device being rediscovered again and also delete qos and alarm history.

Many thanks

Michael J

• 3.  Re: Account users are able to delete a device from UIM inventory in the version 8.51?

Posted Jul 24, 2017 06:51 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to create an account user from the UMP with the default administrator ACL but it still not able to delete a device.

If i run the same test but for user account created on IM our on the adminconsoleapp i am able to delete the device from the inventory section.

Can ac account user be able to delete device using the new feature from UIM 8.51?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Rui Dinis

• 4.  Re: Account users are able to delete a device from UIM inventory in the version 8.51?

• 5.  Re: Account users are able to delete a device from UIM inventory in the version 8.51?

Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:11 PM

moving to UIM Community for response

• 6.  Re: Account users are able to delete a device from UIM inventory in the version 8.51?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 10:41 AM

As with other parts of UMP - that directly access and modify database (ie. SLM portlet) - the Delete Device option in USM seems to be designed for bus users only. The reason is to preserve the data segregation the accounts provide as the delete operation may affect other accounts