Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to make it so that modifications to a user story do not turn off the "Ready" indicator?

• 1.  Is there a way to make it so that modifications to a user story do not turn off the "Ready" indicator?

Posted Jul 13, 2017 11:00 AM

Right now, if the green "Ready" icon is set on a User Story, it seems that any modification to the US results in the Ready icon getting un-set.  Is there any way to disable that, so that USs marked as ready stay ready despite being edited?

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to make it so that modifications to a user story do not turn off the "Ready" indicator?

Posted Jul 14, 2017 08:16 AM

That's not consistent with my experience using the Ready indicator. The only thing that removes the Ready indicator for me is a change in Schedule State or in my custom Kanban state when moving an item between states on my Kanban board or another board view, which is exactly the way that the Ready indicator is supposed to behave. Editing other properties of a story has no impact on the Ready indicator in any of my tests. 

If you're seeing something different from that then you might consider opening a case with CA Support. Hope that helps.