Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to edit the wsdl using wizard to include SOAP headers?

Posted Jul 13, 2017 09:38 AM

Hello,
    I have a SOAP service exposed over CA api gateway.This service checks for api key in the SOAP headers of the request.
    But the wsdl exposed by apigateway doesn't include SOAP header details. How can I include the SOAP headers in the wsdl using the wsdl wizard?

Thanks,
    Adarsh

• 2.  Re: How to edit the wsdl using wizard to include SOAP headers?

Posted Jul 13, 2017 11:27 PM

Hi Adarsh,

The headers you have to define explicitly in Layer7. You can add the headers in Route Via Https properties and then while calling the Service in SOAPUi or Postman you can pass the headers so that the validation will take care by Layer7.Find the screen shot below.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Regards

Rajasekhar

• 3.  Re: How to edit the wsdl using wizard to include SOAP headers?

Posted Jul 18, 2017 07:42 AM

Thank you Rajasekhar.

I guess my question wasn't clear.

I want to edit the wsdl that is being exposed to consumer from API gateway so that consumer will know that he has to send the credentials in the SOAP headers. Any idea how this can be done?

Thanks,

Adarsh

• 4.  Re: How to edit the wsdl using wizard to include SOAP headers?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 05:24 PM

Adarsh,

The Create WSDL wizard does not have the capabilities to create the SOAP headers in the WSDL. You would need to export out the WSDL add the headers manually and refresh the WSDL on the service. Please log an idea on the community for this function with any use cases for our product management team to review.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support