Rally Software

• 1.  Can't locate User Stories

Posted Jul 14, 2017 10:10 AM

I have an owner of user stories who now cannot see them in Rally since they've been synched to HP ALM.  As a Rally Admin, I can search for them and see them, but she gets nothing found when she performs search.  Any clues?

• 2.  Re: Can't locate User Stories
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 14, 2017 02:14 PM

Audrey, based on your question it sounds as though the user in question could find the stories via search before they were synched but can't find them afterward. Is that really the case? We don't use the HP ALM connector here but it sounds a little suspicious.

Are you absolutely certain that she is searching the same project scope that you are? That's the single most likely issue, and you can always try having her set the "Search workspace" checkbox on the results page. This happens all the time in my subscription.

Second, if you send her the direct URL for one of the stories can she open it? That would rule out permissions issues. 

If none of these are the root cause then you may need to open a case with CA Support. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: Can't locate User Stories

Posted Jul 14, 2017 03:57 PM

Hi Eric -- thanks so much for your response.  I did open a Case with CA Support and we actually resolved the issue via a WebEx. 

Turns out the 'missing' User Stories have a sub-project name that is the same as one of the high level Enterprise project names.  As Admin, I could see both names in the list but the user could see/select only the sub-project name.  The confusion came after the synch was done and they somehow went 'missing,' but were found under the higher level project name.  I manually changed one to the second entry and, voila, it appeared in her queue again!  Ran a bulk change on the others and the user is a happy camper for now.

Unfortunately, the real problem is we need to find a way for both the high level Mortgage and the sub-project Mortgage to be processed correctly via the HP ALM connector.  Don't know if changing or appending something to sub-project name is too easy (or what impact it would have), but we -- me and CA Support -- feel we can make it work.

Will keep you posted!  Thanks again.