CA Service Management

• 1.  Data Migrate

Posted Jul 15, 2017 02:19 PM

Hello Team

We have successfully migrated to sdm 17 version from 12.6 version.

Now I need you advice on data comparision. Like during the time of migration we setup replica of our production server . took full backup of production on 24th june 17  and restore it on replica server then migrate. now soon we will go Live in the end of this month. Before going Live. this migrated system should have upto date data as we have on production.

If we go Live on 1st Aug 17 . How can we make migrated server upto date.??  how can I  take all the data from 25th June till 31st of july? so each n every ticket will be available on migrated system on our Live date i.e 1st of Aug

Please advise what are the ways

• 2.  Re: Data Migrate
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:03 AM

You cannot migrate data from 12.6 to 17, you need to do the migration on a live system in order to correctly upgrade the system.

• 3.  Re: Data Migrate

Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:03 AM

Hi Aamir,

Cristi is correct - migration is an all-or-none type of thing.  Unfortunately your migration will require an extended outage to fully migrate from 12.6 to R17.  We generally recommend using the "swing box" approach which you can find here: Use the Swing Box Method to Upgrade/Migrate to CA SDM 17.0 - CA Service Management - 17.0 - CA Technologies Documentatio… 

We do not support manually bringing partial data from 12.6 to R17.  The data must go through the migration process.

Hope this helps explain.
    Thanks,

Jon I