Layer7 API Management

• 1.  API Portal Customization

Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:25 AM

Hi,

On API Portal, api-catalog page has 2 tabs, APIs - listing the published APIs of the portal, Plans - list of API Plans.

We have a requirement to create more tabs on the api-catalog page. Name of the tab will be the api-group name and it will list all the apis associated with it. If we have more than 100 APIs, this will help us for better navigation, rather than scrolling through a long list of apis on a APIs tab.

Can we do this customization to api-catalog page? Please guide.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: API Portal Customization
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 12:53 PM

Hi there,

It is not possible to create a new tab to display API Groups and APIs, this would require Product development effort. However, you are able to make limited modification to the layout of the content via /SYSTEM/conf/sitebuilder/packages/layer7/modules/APICatalog/xsl/display.xsl. Keep in mind, these changes made could get overwritten when new patches are applied. 

Cheers,

Ping Tan

• 3.  Re: API Portal Customization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 01:52 PM

Agree with Ping. Another way to approach this is to create custom pages with the desired behavior - but you need to program in Java + HTML. Ping and I have done this in the past. I am traveling this week. Either Ping can help you now or I would have time next week (after Monday)

• 4.  Re: API Portal Customization

Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:58 PM

That's interesting!

Do you have document to create/add new page with Java+HTML into portal?

There are a lot of page customization requirement from customer whenever we sell the classic portal.

These strong customization is generally not archived by UI level customization.

Sometimes it need server side customization (Java+HTML), but almost person does not know how to start this kinds of customization. So if some document for building new java page can be shared, it would be great value.