Clarity

• 1.  Remove clear button on one portlet

Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:54 AM

Hello,

I have create a portlet base on the Project object. I have put on the filter section the attribute Active (as a CheckBox display type) as required and read only and the default is checked.

So the "Show all" button is not displayed but the Clear button  is still here and when the end user clicks on it, the active attribute is unchecked.

So i would like  to remove this button only for this portlet, using the CSS UI theme (something like this "button[onclick*='action=projmgr.selectProjectTemplate'] { display: none; }" but I have no idea to do it... Somebody can help me to solve this issue ?

I used a CA PPM version 14.4.0.234 04 14

Thx.

• 2.  Re: Remove clear button on one portlet

Posted Jul 25, 2017 08:00 AM
      |   view attached

You can consider the Hidden in Filter option, for a filter field. So in essence, for your portlet's filter field, modify the Active field, to have the Hidden in Filter option check marked, along with the default option.

In which case, when you click on the Clear button, the fields defaulted filter option would be retained, for example, Active would still remain as check marked and accordingly the portlet's output would be displayed.

Hence, even if the Clear button is present, it would still retain the hidden filter option.

Disabling out of box buttons is generally not recommended, you may refer to the attached document, which discusses the above points, step by step.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Samik

Attachment(s)

docx
    Hidden in Filter option.docx   293 KB 1 version