Harvest

Expand all | Collapse all

Hi everybody!  Do you know if Is there any tutorial or video tutorial to learn how to use Harvest as a version repository and how to integrate it with Eclipse?  Thanks in advance!

• 1.  Hi everybody!  Do you know if Is there any tutorial or video tutorial to learn how to use Harvest as a version repository and how to integrate it with Eclipse?  Thanks in advance!

Posted Jul 17, 2017 07:31 PM

I have used Subversion and GIT but now I would like to implement Harvest as a repository of versions,  but I can not find the way to do it, I do not understand how it works and I want to learn. Do you know if Is there any tutorial or video tutorial to learn how to use Harvest as a version repository and how to integrate it with Eclipse?

Thank you very much,

Alan.

• 2.  Re: Hi everybody!  Do you know if Is there any tutorial or video tutorial to learn how to use Harvest as a version repository and how to integrate it with Eclipse?  Thanks in advance!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 03:10 AM

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your interest in Harvest.

If you want to understand harvest  functionality ,please go through the docops page link from here

There are multiple interfaces supported by harvest for ex:

1.GUI Administrator

2.GUI Workbench 

3.Command Line interface

4.Harvest plug-in for Eclipse

5.Harvest plug-in for Visual studio

6.Harweb (Harvest Web Interface).

The ones which you can find useful for a beginner in the docops link are

Installing , Administrating and Using  facets.

•      Installing facet provides a overview of complete harvest component installation and configuring with supported databases.
    •      Administrating facet provides a overview of life cycle management, administrating a project,create a project ,create a repository ,baseline repository to a project,create processes etc.
    •        Using facet provides a overview of using workbench interface,plug-ins and how developers will be able to work with versions 

Assuming you don’t have any harvest release installed prior to this , just to let you know that CA Harvest SCM V13 Increment2 is the latest release[ GA version] available from support site.

To download them, you would need to raise a ticket with the CA Support team and they will be able to assist you for downloads.

The info on how to integrate Harvest with Eclipse  can be  found from here.

If you need more specific information also, please reach out to us and we will be able to assist you further on this.

Regards,

Balakrishna.

• 3.  Re: Hi everybody!  Do you know if Is there any tutorial or video tutorial to learn how to use Harvest as a version repository and how to integrate it with Eclipse?  Thanks in advance!

Posted Jul 18, 2017 12:34 PM

Hi Balakrishna

Thank you very much for your answer, I started to review the information you mentioned, it is cool!  but in my opinion something more is needed, like a video of real example; a video of a real development for to match the theory of the sources that you mention with the practice in real life. 

Currently my company uses CA Harvest 12.5 but only to take control of the stages, but I know it can be exploteid more, my goal is to use CA Harvest also as version control to unify.

I can connect Eclipse with CA Harvest, I configure a new project in Harvest but I do not understand how Harvest versioning, how works branches and trunk, how to link a eclipse project to trunk in CA Harvest or how to create a branch, how to merge a version, I read the information about this (more than 3 times), I understand the theory but I need to see a real case. That is the reason I was asking for a video or a graphic example; I really apreciate if you have any of this.

Thanks Balakrishna,

Alan.