OPS/MVS

• 1.  Customer Enhancement to expand SYSPLEX variable functionality to RDF Tables

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:09 AM

Hello OPS/MVS Enthusiasts,

I was recently at a customer site for a visit to discuss OPS/MVS direction and was asked about expanding the SYSPLEX variable functionality into RDF Tables.  This would allow them to get the benefits of storing information within RDF tables (SQL commands, and viewing/editing via 2.6) while still being able to share data automatically within a SYSPLEX. 

Is this something that you would find useful to have implemented?  If so, what use cases would you see this functionality being used for and would it be replacing user written code? Or is there some other SYSPLEX related functionality that you would find more important for us to focus on?

Thank you for your support and information.

Michael Kiehl

OPS/MVS Product Manager

P.S. please feel free to email me (michael.kiehl@ca.com) if you feel you can't post your response publicly do to your companies policies.   

• 2.  Re: Customer Enhancement to expand SYSPLEX variable functionality to RDF Tables

Posted Oct 04, 2018 09:23 AM

This would be an awesome addition and in my opinion complete the final piece of functionality that has been desired for quite awhile

• 3.  RE: Customer Enhancement to expand SYSPLEX variable functionality to RDF Tables

Posted Mar 09, 2021 11:01 AM
    I am in dire need of this functionality.  We are currently writing the same data to three tables on three LPARs in a sysplex.
    We do this with 20+ tables and hundreds of rules and rexx scripts.
    It is very unwieldly and a share table ability would greatly help us.

------------------------------
    Navy Federal Credit Union
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Customer Enhancement to expand SYSPLEX variable functionality to RDF Tables

Posted Feb 09, 2023 04:16 PM

Any current or future plans for this?  Just trying to get some sort of update.  After opening a recent issue, I realize this solution might have to be excluded from most AOF rules as the current sysplex variable use is.